Subject: chomping at the bit for star wars? I'm not. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
maf man
United States
endeavor
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Microbadge: DrafterMicrobadge: Meat eaterMicrobadge: I Play All GamesMicrobadge: LEGO fanMicrobadge: Steam user
My hopes and dreams are attached to this:

Don't get me wrong I love star wars and will see it in the first few weeks but I recently realized it was the games that made me love (continue to) star wars so much so my level of interest is.

But here comes Warcraft. A universe that rivals any in its awesome lore. I didn't play WoW that seriously (and only a few on and off years) but I still think its tops. I don't want this movie to be good, I NEED it to be good. I had a few college buddies get so pumped up for halo making a movie and I need to shove it in their faces that warcraft is better in every way. I need the world to understand how awesome warcraft is so I feel justified in liking every part of it.

I just.....UGH!... need more epic-ness in the world!

ps. I also found this more interesting than any of star wars news
http://www.sciencealert.com/watch-15-years-of-iss-constructi...

edit:
From gallery of mafman6
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benj Davis
Australia
Summer Hill
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: I met my spouse playing gamesMicrobadge: Cortex Plus fanMicrobadge: Parent of One BoyMicrobadge: Ken and Robin Talk About Stuff fan
Re: chopping at the bit for star wars? I'm not.
Chopping?

Warcraft looks like it could go either way. Very hard to say from such a tiny teaser.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Oliver
United States
Argyle
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: I play with red!Microbadge: BGG.CON attendeeMicrobadge:  The few, the proud, the exhausted... BGG.CON Team Geek!Microbadge: Chits & Bits Extra Life TeamMicrobadge: Extra Life participant
I do think some of the larger world, multiple title, RPGs have the most potential for a film, since most have plenty of stories, or even an all original story to work with. However, since history is not on the side of a game-based film being good, I would hope you are ready to cope with a poor film.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benj Davis
Australia
Summer Hill
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: I met my spouse playing gamesMicrobadge: Cortex Plus fanMicrobadge: Parent of One BoyMicrobadge: Ken and Robin Talk About Stuff fan
Drew1365 wrote:
"ChAmping at the bit," actually. Think horses.
Familiar with the expression. I've just never seen the "chopping" form.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
maf man
United States
endeavor
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Microbadge: DrafterMicrobadge: Meat eaterMicrobadge: I Play All GamesMicrobadge: LEGO fanMicrobadge: Steam user
Jlerpy wrote:
Chopping?

Warcraft looks like it could go either way. Very hard to say from such a tiny teaser.
right?! its a trailer for the trailer thats coming out friday

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
maf man
United States
endeavor
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Jlerpy wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:
blame mario and the best kids movie of all time
From gallery of mafman6

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Oliver
United States
Argyle
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: I play with red!Microbadge: BGG.CON attendeeMicrobadge:  The few, the proud, the exhausted... BGG.CON Team Geek!Microbadge: Chits & Bits Extra Life TeamMicrobadge: Extra Life participant
Drew1365 wrote:
futiles wrote:
However, since history is not on the side of a game-based film being good, I would hope you are ready to cope with a poor film.
But . . . Battleship!
Ummm. Not sure if you are trying to help my argument...

Oh, and to denote I understand your sarcasm...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Code MonkeyMicrobadge: GMT fanMicrobadge: ChristianMicrobadge: City of Heroes fanMicrobadge: I Love Gaming with My GirlFriend!!!
War is coming. Apparently originality isn't.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff
United States
Pensacola
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: I love old school tin can CylonsMicrobadge: Kansas State UniversityMicrobadge: Muppets fan - BeakerMicrobadge: Military PilotMicrobadge: Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal
matthean wrote:
War is coming. Apparently originality isn't.
Wait, I thought winter was coming.

Darn it, I need a program to keep up with these things!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Tuba fanMicrobadge: RSP Dominionist (sympathizer)Microbadge: Taco de Mayo 2018 - I ate 31 tacos in 31 days!Microbadge: Level 20 BGG posterMicrobadge: Kiwanis
I have at least some hope for Duncan Jones.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
howl hollow howl
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Jlerpy wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:
I'll also allow "chapping" and "chafing".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff
United States
Pensacola
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: I love old school tin can CylonsMicrobadge: Kansas State UniversityMicrobadge: Muppets fan - BeakerMicrobadge: Military PilotMicrobadge: Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal
Dave wrote:
Jlerpy wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:
I'll also allow "chapping" and "chafing".
Awaiting rulings on:

Cleaving
Clinging
Chewing
Clapping
Canoodling
Calving

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
howl hollow howl
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
No.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jlerpy wrote:
Dave*S*lessCHAPS wrote:

I'll also allow "asslesschapschapping" and "chafingasslesschaps".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Warcraft movie is going ahead? Did not know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
Microbadge: bounceMicrobadge: bounceMicrobadge: bounceMicrobadge: 2020 Ultimate SupporterMicrobadge: 2020 Herculean Supporter
Quote:
chomping at the bit for star wars? I'm not.
External image
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeff
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: WingMicrobadge: Are you lookin' at me?!Microbadge: Southern New England WargamersMicrobadge: Er... not completely!Microbadge: Wing
Will it have the hours of grinding out useless quests and fetching things for people. If not I'm not interested...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew1365 wrote:
"Chomping at the bit," actually. Think horses.

mafman6 wrote:
But here comes Warcraft. A universe that rivals any in its awesome lore. I didn't play WoW that seriously (and only a few on and off years) but I still think its tops.
Ah ha! Someone who needs to buy my copy of World of Warcraft: The Boardgame!

wow ~"DO NOT WANT!" instead, get that: "Wayne's World! of GWAR!-craft! Party-hearty "ON" Garth!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J J
Australia
flag msg tools
bortmonkey wrote:
The Warcraft movie is going ahead? Did not know.
Wasn't there a series of these a few years ago? Mostly about some blonde elf with really big... ears.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I see you...
United States
Avon
Ohio
flag msg tools
"I made a promise on the grave of my parents...
badge
...that I would rid this city of the evil that took their lives. "
Microbadge: Where does he get all those wonderful toys?Microbadge: Where does he get all those wonderful toys?Microbadge: Where does he get all those wonderful toys?Microbadge: Where does he get all those wonderful toys?Microbadge: Where does he get all those wonderful toys?
futiles wrote:
However, since history is not on the side of a game-based film being good, I would hope you are ready to cope with a poor film.
External image

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Lott
United States
Mason
Michigan
flag msg tools
Being a Lions fan is a gift...
badge
...and a curse.
Microbadge: Fan of Ant-ManMicrobadge: Iron Man fanMicrobadge: Captain America fanMicrobadge: Hulk fanMicrobadge: Guardians of the Galaxy fan - Rocket
Dispaminite wrote:
futiles wrote:
External image

Video games. There has never been a good movie based on a video game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Norris
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
...and J-Pop too!!!!
badge
Raina rocks!!!!!
Microbadge: I kick ass!Microbadge: If it weren't for my horse...I wouldn't have spent that year in college.Microbadge: I randomly answer questions in contests just for the microbadge.Microbadge: Spellcheck HandicappedMicrobadge: 200 yahoo boots f*** yahoo messenger how's want boots
I heard about this movie.

The first hour of the movie is spent naming the main character. Finally he gets the name "Big Johnson McShady"

Then he spawns in the middle of the city and meets two new "noobs" that become his friends. Their names are "MagnetoRoxx" and "|_337|<1|_|_4"

Finally they get a lot of free gear from "SuperSayianGoku", and go off to kill rabbits for a few hours...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
Show me something that beats a natural 20 and I'll show you hateful lies.
badge
We've taken care of everything...
Microbadge: BirdwatcherMicrobadge: Citizenship Recognition - Level II - If I have seen further, it's only by standing on the apex of other's dice.Microbadge: Dominant Species fanMicrobadge: Dune fanMicrobadge: Agricola fan
Jlerpy wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:
Champing is the thing (not chomping), bit you got here much faster than I did.

Star wars or Warcraft, both pretty meh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
futiles wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:

But . . . Battleship!
The overall 'movie' aspects were great, with their very 'subtle' implementation for the GAME being depicted within this. When 'moi' worked in the Seattle shipyards, then I'd been upon many types of the vessels shown in there, and some years later to include an actual "BB" tour at Bremerton, with my Dad and eldest nephew as well.
cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Sklar
Canada
Dollard-des-Ormeaux
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Microbadge: Mexican Food fanMicrobadge: Beer fanMicrobadge: Taco de Mayo 2015 - I ate 31 tacos in 31 days!Microbadge: Taco de Mayo 2016 - I ate 31 tacos in 31 days!Microbadge: Taco de Mayo 2017 - I ate 31 tacos in 31 days!
Something need doing?

External image

Work work!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   |