Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Thomas Koziatek
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is one KS that I was interested in, but lost track of it. Now that its out, whats the general consensus of the GAME? I really don't care about the KS or any aspect of it, other than how it affects the game itself.

As an example, I heard that the two core expansions to get are Extermination and Humanity Resists. Except for Humanity does not have all the minis. Those minis now being sold on Ebay, whats a good, core bundle to get, and why> I like variety, so the more diff minis, the better!

I've also hear that the Compendium can be considered a core item, as it has the rules for everything.

My initial thought is the base game, both above expansions, compendium, and a bundle I saw on Ebay which looks like the needed Humanity minis. But I am really interested in views on gameplay, replayability, ease of play, and general fun.

Ack Ack!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Paul Messerly
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
The game is very easy to learn and fast to play. No fiddly movement or line of sight rules. One of the things I like is that there is a great balance between ranged and close combat attacks because the board is divided into large squares. Heroes have points that can be used to survive attacks that would normally kill them or allow them to do extra actions (do more than an average human).

I would suggest just getting the core box to start with as it has everything you will need for a while. All the scenarios are well thought out and balanced... tons of variety because of all the unique hero character combinations.

One of the best things about the game is the terrain... It's very functional from a gameplay standpoint and looks great when painted. If I'd suggest buying anything beyond the base game it would be more terrain.

If you buy too many expansions up front it becomes overwhelming. The game has some randomness and some humor so you need to be willing to accept the sillyness and roll with it.

I also recommend the solo AI cards... If you can find them. The AI system is quick and elegant and can be used to allow you to play coop with a friend.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls