Subject: Is There Any Possibility Of A Co-Op Print On Demand Game? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ewan Anderson
United Kingdom
Ipswich
Suffolk
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Eclipse fanMicrobadge: Sentinels of the Multiverse fanMicrobadge: Fantasy Flight Games fanMicrobadge: Twilight Imperium fanMicrobadge: Clash of Cultures fan
Hi there!
Was just wondering if any of you thought that FFG might do a fully co-op version of Imperial Assault, like they did with Descent 2nd Ed. I really enjoyed that variant with Descent (the POD expansions), could you see them doing the same with IA?
Cheers, Ewan.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Vance
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Android: Netrunner fanMicrobadge: Star Wars: Imperial Assault fanMicrobadge: I play Dominion with all the expansions mixed in.Microbadge: Caverna: The Cave Farmers fanMicrobadge: Gloomhaven fan
I would guess we're unlikely to see this from FFG. However you should check out RedJak's Automated Imperial Variant (RAIV) this which is effectively a fan version of what you're asking for.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Riley
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
I Am One With The Force
badge
The Force Is With Me
Microbadge: Gloomhaven fanMicrobadge: Legendary fan - The Avengers TeamMicrobadge: Massive Darkness fanMicrobadge: Tiny Epic Quest fanMicrobadge: The Resistance fan
It is still pretty new. I have no doubt that they are taking SW:IA down the same road as Descent and improving on what doesn't work so I doubt they would skip the full co-op mode but I would bet it will be a little far off. In the mean time, RedJak as the cure for what ails you
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Wimmer
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Copper Session ReporterMicrobadge: Star Wars: Imperial Assault fanMicrobadge: Level 02 BGG poster
Lucky for you, I might have soe co-op action coming up for you near the end of the year. It does use RAEV (instead of RAIV) and features thematic scenarios around recently released book from the new canon.

It won't be as polished as something from FFG but the content should be worthwhile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ewan Anderson
United Kingdom
Ipswich
Suffolk
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Eclipse fanMicrobadge: Sentinels of the Multiverse fanMicrobadge: Fantasy Flight Games fanMicrobadge: Twilight Imperium fanMicrobadge: Clash of Cultures fan
Cool, sounds good I look forward to seeing it,
Cheers,
Ewan.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls