Popular Tags: [View All]
Mostly Human
United States
ROSAMOND
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This game has recaptured my youth and imagination.

It is fast and approachable while keeping a rich theme… GREAT!

BUT…as others have stated it requires balance for the Empire. And in keeping with the theme, during rebel attacks in space, a roll of 1 (critical miss) for the rebel ships = an attacking rebel ship is destroyed. Thematically, the rebels don’t have the resources of the empire for maintenance and are at ~17% risk of overload each attack run.

I further enjoy the idea that someone had of giving the Death Star 6 hit points. As we all know in Jedi, the power station of the Death Star needed to be hit by 4 X wing blasts (one per mounted laser) and two Falcon blasts. So six hits feels right.

I have not played these variations yet, but feel with the persistent 17% chance of destruction of the rebel ships, and the longer Death Star Battle, it will be a much closer fight each time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon M
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
“Games give you a chance to excel, and if you're playing in good company you don't even mind if you lose because you had the enjoyment of the company during the course of the game.” ― Gary Gygax
Microbadge: Leaving Earth fanMicrobadge: Genetics enthusiastMicrobadge: Tokyo Series fanMicrobadge: Card Sleeve userMicrobadge: Oink Games fan
Are you playing with these clarifications?

Some rules clarifications

Many are saying these even things up compared to what it seems how most were playing the game at release.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mostly Human
United States
ROSAMOND
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!

I have seen these updates before and agree that they start the rebalancing.

But the Star battles seemed to need something else to make it more even.

I will try my new versions out and comment on them.

but again, thanks for writing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Earl
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
With the clarifications in the link, the Empire went 4-0 the first night we played with them.

I suggest playing it for a while and developing strategies before declaring it broken.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mostly Human
United States
ROSAMOND
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tim,
You are 100% right.
I tried some solo games (tried to play both sides unbiased) last night, and these new mechanics (when I remembered them) REALLY balanced the game.
The rebels can no longer just focus on the shield generator and drop in for a quick Death Star shot.
Being able to use both the Executor and the Ties for the Rebel resupply ships really helps the Empire.
Thanks again for the replies.
This game is a lot of fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Micah Paroni
United States
California
flag msg tools
ElbowJones wrote:
Tim,
You are 100% right.
I tried some solo games (tried to play both sides unbiased) last night, and these new mechanics (when I remembered them) REALLY balanced the game.
The rebels can no longer just focus on the shield generator and drop in for a quick Death Star shot.
Being able to use both the Executor and the Ties for the Rebel resupply ships really helps the Empire.
Thanks again for the replies.
This game is a lot of fun.
I agree. The Rebels were winning hands down before. Now the Empire feels like it has a slight advantage, but not *nearly* as large an advantage as the Rebels had before the rules clarifications. I'll never call any game perfectly balanced, but this one is pretty close.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls