Popular Tags: [View All]
Chengkai Yang
United States
Cupertino
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone else kinda wishing they had a 2nd copy? More minis, 2 rulebooks, more gear cards, more places to store things for transport... Maybe I'm still riding the high. I'm hoping Poots puts up more of the spures into the shop once everything settles down and we can just get things a la cart.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Ehlers
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
I love you!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
draxx01 wrote:
...more places to store things for transport... Maybe I'm still riding the high...
More back injuries!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Gilbank
Canada
Markham
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
draxx01 wrote:
Anyone else kinda wishing they had a 2nd copy? More minis, 2 rulebooks, more gear cards, more places to store things for transport... Maybe I'm still riding the high. I'm hoping Poots puts up more of the spures into the shop once everything settles down and we can just get things a la cart.
I just want my first copy. cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
François Mahieu
Belgium
Rhode-Saint-Genèse
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
draxx01 wrote:
I certainly would appreciate a rulebook in pdf.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magallian
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
poifpoif wrote:
I certainly would appreciate a rulebook in pdf.
+1
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Leigh
United Kingdom
Leighton Buzzard
Beds
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah I almost pledged on an extra copy just to keep pristine but then i figured i was being dumb. Still want one though

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
StevenE Smooth Sailing...
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a 2nd Survivor copy in hand and have been contemplating this as well... I also purchased doubles of the expansions that added game play.

My intention had been to bring the 2nd copies to Japan to sell and help fund my trip next summer... Now I am not so sure, it may be better/easier to just part out the second copies.

Is there strong interest in Japan for KD:M?
(this question probably needs its own thread)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua
United States
flag msg tools
Writing from Japan right now. Still waiting for my copy to arrive. I'm certainly not located in any sort of gaming epicenter down in Tottori, but I've been the only person in my gaming group who was even marginally aware of Kingdom Death.

My short answer is that it's probably hard to tell whether or not the game has a strong demand here, but I do wonder if the size and cost would inhibit its ability to take off.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Buckley
msg tools
I bought a second copy via preorder, which arrived last week. Still unopened.

Not really sure that I actually need it, but I like knowing I have it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Lucas
Canada
Belleville
Ontario
flag msg tools
It's a perfect day for some mayhem!
badge
It's a perfect day for some mayhem!
mbmbmbmbmb
StevenE wrote:
I have a 2nd Survivor copy in hand and have been contemplating this as well... I also purchased doubles of the expansions that added game play.

My intention had been to bring the 2nd copies to Japan to sell and help fund my trip next summer... Now I am not so sure, it may be better/easier to just part out the second copies.

Japanese games tend to be small and this is a niche game which means your pool of willing players who would buy this game is going to be very small, especially in Japan. You can certainly try to find a buyer in Japan, but I wouldn't count on finding one. Especially since the box will take up about half of your weight allowance for a single suitcase. If you want to ship it to Japan via surface then you have to mail it to somewhere you are going about two months in advance.

If you're looking at board games as a means to help pay for a trip to Japan then you're probably better off with exporting Japanese games you find while you are there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
StevenE Smooth Sailing...
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Svengaard wrote:
StevenE wrote:

Japanese games tend to be small and this is a niche game which means your pool of willing players who would buy this game is going to be very small, especially in Japan. You can certainly try to find a buyer in Japan, but I wouldn't count on finding one. Especially since the box will take up about half of your weight allowance for a single suitcase. If you want to ship it to Japan via surface then you have to mail it to somewhere you are going about two months in advance.

If you're looking at board games as a means to help pay for a trip to Japan then you're probably better off with exporting Japanese games you find while you are there.
Thanks for the input... I've muled games to and from Japan, as well as alcohol and Gundam models... Transport is not an issue... Or, has yet to be. I don't see KD:M Being an issue... When I decide what I want to do I will start a new thread to gauge the interest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roland W. est. 1984
Germany
Deutschland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have two copies
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Johnson
United States
Pooler
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm hoping that eventually some of those individual items come available for purchase on the KD store.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chengkai Yang
United States
Cupertino
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bastimret wrote:
I'm hoping that eventually some of those individual items come available for purchase on the KD store.
That's my current approach. I have too much tied up in Scythe, CW Onslought, and Super Dungeon Explore Legends at present. Plus the likely Black Friday stuff for KD. I'm probably going to get a 2nd set down the line, there were a lot of lessons learned in the assembly of the first set of minis, 2nd set is going to get custom molds probably. Plus more cards because reasons...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S B
msg tools
StevenE wrote:

Japanese resident here.

Been lurking forums and twitters in Japan for a while and I've seen very few miniature hobbyists posting pics for resin KD miniatures, but hardly ever seen any posts about KD:M.

There should be some demands though, since the only official retailers are CMON and Full Metal Planet (online miniature store in Japan).

I have no idea where you're taking the game to, but be sure to check if the place has enough space to play.

Not every household has a massive table to lay all that stuff out.

I only barely have enough space on the floor at my place.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls