Star Wars: Armada» Forums » General

Subject: Bought the core, where to go next...? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
max LaChance
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
So I picked up the core and think it is a pretty neat game that'll serve as something different from xwing. I just don't know where to go next. I'm looking to get two new packs for both factions and keep them balanced.

Suggestions appreciated .

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig C
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you want to create fleets for both sides and not specialize, get at least one fighter pack for each side (to start; if you find particular squadrons you enjoy, you may need more), and one of each of the Wave 1 ships.

Or borrow some from fellow players to get the feel of the kind of fleets you'd like to make, then buy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Conroy
United States
Winchester
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If money is no issue, then 2 of each expansion pack to include 2 fighter packs from each side.

If money is tight then one more VSD 2 GSDs, 1 AF Mk II, 1 CR90, 1 Neb-B and 2 fighter packs from each side.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Tharin
Switzerland
Dübendorf
Schweiz
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1455989/updated-review-after...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Triest
Australia
Inner West Sydney
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TracerBullet wrote:
If money is no issue, then 2 of each expansion pack to include 2 fighter packs from each side.

If money is tight then one more VSD 2 GSDs, 1 AF Mk II, 1 CR90, 1 Neb-B and 2 fighter packs from each side.

I'd go with two AFKs not 1. Definitely helps the Rebels a bunch in 400 point battles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen T
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
titanmatrix wrote:
So I picked up the core and think it is a pretty neat game that'll serve as something different from xwing. I just don't know where to go next. I'm looking to get two new packs for both factions and keep them balanced.

Suggestions appreciated .

Thanks.

Two new packs for each faction: Squad pack for each side, a Gladiator for Imperial and Assault Frigate for Rebel.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.