11 Posts

Car Wars» Forums » General

Subject: Car Wars Classic reprint component downgrade? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Iain UK
msg tools
mb
Saw a Youtube video early last week the got me interested enough to order the new Classic reprint. At one point in the video the designer dude said something like "pre-punched, heavy cardstock, duel sided tokens". I received it today and the tokens are just one sided.

Not a game changer but I've played enough chit heavy games to know 50% are always face down and turning them over to find a relevant token is a pain.

Doublesided tokens sounded great. Did the tokens get downgraded or have I got a duff copy?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Walters
United States
Hercules
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Mine are double sided, so either you got a bad copy or I got an extra good copy. The box doesn't mention if the counters are single or double sided, neither does the web page.

I bet they replace the counters if you contact them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt R
United States
Keller
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I recently got the reprint and my counters are double sided so it sounds like perhaps something is wrong with your copy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Walters
United States
Hercules
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Maybe, or it could be that the two of us somehow got double-sided counters by accident and every single other copy is single-sided.

But I'd send an email to SJ Games and I bet they send you new counters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt R
United States
Keller
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
andreww wrote:

Maybe, or it could be that the two of us somehow got double-sided counters by accident and every single other copy is single-sided.

You just never know...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Broggi
United States
Southwick
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Considering the number of different versions over the years, perhaps he got a different, lower quality version.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Abson
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
andreww wrote:

I remember seeing an unboxing video where they mentioned the double-sided counters were, in fact, an accident (some sort of supplier mis-understanding).

There's a good chance they've corrected that in the second printing, as they'll have to pay for them this time, or are less willing to absorb the cost.

Noonespecial wrote:
I recently got the reprint and my counters are double sided so it sounds like perhaps something is wrong with your copy.
It's possible, my memory might be faulty . Or you might have got some of the last mis-printed counters, if they've decided to use them up first.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Miller
United States
Lincoln
Nebraska
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
andreww wrote:

It's a conspiracy, I tell you. Fnord.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iain UK
msg tools
mb
Thanks for the responses. My version is 3rd printing, March 2015. If the token are supposed to be double sided it's a slight bummer not receiving them. They're a good idea.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Reed
United States
Kyle
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bobblehead wrote:
Thanks for the responses. My version is 3rd printing, March 2015. If the token are supposed to be double sided it's a slight bummer not receiving them. They're a good idea.

They were never supposed to be double-sided. The factory made a mistake in earlier printings of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PhilReed wrote:
bobblehead wrote:

They were never supposed to be double-sided. The factory made a mistake in earlier printings of the game.
They are pre-cut, which is nice. (Mine are also double sided.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls