Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
I Am One With The Force
badge
The Force Is With Me
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello All!

I recently found the generic Modular Token Box created by SirWillibald (Found Here. Can't actually access his site from behind my firewall but credit where credit is due, he has a lot of cool stuff on his site worth taking a looking at)

Right now all he has available is a blank white box I can put together however I want to add some graphics to it before I print so I can indicate what goes where and also so I am not dealing with a blank white box.

I have mapped out how to section off two token boxes (1 large lid) for the following tokens:

1x Damage tokens
5x Damage tokens
Strain Tokens
Bleed, Focus, Stunned, and Weakened Tokens
Crate, Terminal and Start tokens
Mission Tokens (Separated by Rebel, Neutral and Imperial)
ID Tokens (1 section for each number up to 16)

I would just like some help with artwork to add to the boxes exterior as well artwork to add to the bottom of each section to indicate which token goes where.

For the bottom of the boxes, I thought just a picture of the token might work but I don't know if that is something that can possibly be shared.

Once the token designs are done, I will be more than happy to post the finished design up here for those interested.

Thanks for your help!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Schepers
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the praise, man!

You're welcome to make this stuff on your own, just wanted to tell you that I'm currently thinking about some kind of template for each of my supported games. This would include a lid with some basic artwork for each game and word and psd templates to further enhance this lid with text or else.

Your post gave me the idea that it would also be nice to add token images to chose from, maybe as separate files and/or as one big print sheet with all available tokens next to each other, so you could cut out and glue the desired ones to your compartments.

Would this be helpful?

Oh, and I forgot to say, I'm planning to open a new section on my website for user created stuff like what you're talking about...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Riley
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
I Am One With The Force
badge
The Force Is With Me
mbmbmbmbmb
Anytime! Thanks for the box designs. You have raised the bar on storage solutions for all of my games now... Which means I now need a bunch of boxes made. Good think I stocked up on card stock.

Yes a separate file for token images would be best so I (and others too) can still customize the boxes as we see fit.

I plan on taking 4 small boxes, putting in 3 dividers and putting the ID tokens in each one based on number for quick reference but not everyone will want to do it that way. Some people might also want to use ramps where others don't so those that use ramps will want to put the image on the ramps

While we are on the subject, in your post about the boxes you have some cool artwork for the lid, is that something you are willing to share?

Thanks for all of your contributions, btw. It hasn't gone unnoticed
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Schepers
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
az933k wrote:
Anytime! Thanks for the box designs. You have raised the bar on storage solutions for all of my games now... Which means I now need a bunch of boxes made. Good think I stocked up on card stock.

Yes a separate file for token images would be best so I (and others too) can still customize the boxes as we see fit.

I plan on taking 4 small boxes, putting in 3 dividers and putting the ID tokens in each one based on number for quick reference but not everyone will want to do it that way. Some people might also want to use ramps where others don't so those that use ramps will want to put the image on the ramps

While we are on the subject, in your post about the boxes you have some cool artwork for the lid, is that something you are willing to share?

Thanks for all of your contributions, btw. It hasn't gone unnoticed
Thanks for your nice comment, very welcome! Always like to hear when someone appreciates all this nerd stuff

I won't share the artwork from the photo because it only looks good on the photo, the image with all the tokens is low-res only and looks awful in reality. Of course I could make something similar from scratch by stacking some separate token icons in Photoshop, but at the moment I don't have enough time for this.

The nearly done "Imperial Assault MoToBo-Kit" will contain not only some token scans but also my artwork without the token pile, so if you can handle photoshop or Gimp you should be able to come up with something very similar by yourself.

And to all of you: If you did a cool lid or pimped compartments and feel like sharing, feel free to contact me to have it uploaded to my yet-to-create user section!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls