Thorsten Schröder
Germany
Bonn
flag msg tools
badge
Loser at the 'Pursuit of Happiness Contest'
mbmbmbmbmb
Great stuff.

It's a session report I can actually read. It captures the spirit of the game and the fun you had with it instead of a very long step by step report from teh beginning to the end.
Cheers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George I.
Switzerland
Zürich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm really happy to your win, as I also got yesterday my first one, having to pay an arm and a leg though!

Beginning the last round, I was on the outskirts of the green city with Altem Guardians, Fire Mages, Ice Golems and Ice Mages accompanying me.

I had a quite good hand, with Agility and extra move cards to use in the attack:

The city was well-guarded by Altem Mages, Freezers, Ice Mages and Werewolves.

I had no good siege attacks though, so here's how I resolved the battle:

- Altem Mages: dealt 4x2 cold-fire damage, which I took it all, so I was poisoned twice.
- Freezers: I just let the ice mages absorb the 3 cold damage.
- Ice Mages: dealt 5 cold damage; I took two wounds.
- Werewolves: dealt 7 physical damage; I was poisoned twice.

Therefore, my Mage Knight was knocked out, as I received more than 6 wounds in my hand. However, using my leftover movement/attack points from Agility, units and skills was a piece of cake to deal with the city. One unit per defender. The Altem Mages fell down pretty easily with a Fire Attack of 6 plus 2 Fire Attack from Arythea's skill.

(swap the Werewolves with the enemy Ice Mages in the above image, the Altem Guardians took care of the enemy Ice Mages, while my Ice Mages took care of the Werewolves. I had +4 physical attack to spare from Agility)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Spirio
Austria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
why do you write "Another solo conquest win.." if it's the "first one ever!"?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Am I missing a rule? How can you play a card sideways for a siege attack?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom H
Australia
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
papagamer72 wrote:
He used the Altem Mages to convert all attacks to siege.

pevsfreedom wrote:
First thing I did was grab my black mana die from the source and put it on my Altem Mage that I got the round before for this purpose exactly. All of my attacks are now siege.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Terah wrote:
papagamer72 wrote:
He used the Altem Mages to convert all attacks to siege.

pevsfreedom wrote:
First thing I did was grab my black mana die from the source and put it on my Altem Mage that I got the round before for this purpose exactly. All of my attacks are now siege.
Ahh. I read that part but didn't realize that turning a card sideways for a normal 1 point attack equated to it being a siege attack. Thanks!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls