Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul D
Australia
Carnegie
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Is this a GMT style card driven game (CDG)? ... like Twilight Struggle, Labyrinth, etc...

That was my first thought when I looked at the cards, but couldn't really tell from preview text

Does anyone know, either way? Or more about the game play?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Steinbauer
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
My first thoughts as well, when I saw the cards. Since Twilight Struggle is pretty much down my alley, I would like that very much.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Rodriguez
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Peace and ToleranceMicrobadge: Warhammer Underworlds: ShadespireMicrobadge: Warhammer 40k Kill Team fanMicrobadge: Warhammer Underworlds: Shadespire - Sepulchral GuardMicrobadge: Trust me? Of *course* you can trust *me*!
I like where you are going with this, but I would be surprised (pleasantly, mind you) if you were right. Though I have no clue about the mechanics.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Bender
United States
New River
Arizona
flag msg tools
Rebellion to Tyrants is Obedience to God
mbmbmbmbmb
callidusx3 wrote:
I like where you are going with this, but I would be surprised (pleasantly, mind you) if you were right.
This was my initial thought, but looking at the number in the upper left hand corner of each card does seem like it might represent action points of some sort. However it's probably more of a resource cost than an alternate way to play the card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evgeny Reznikov
Israel
Tel Aviv
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Don't think so.
The preview talked about placing characters to activate systems, so it's probably more akin to Twilight Imperium in this regard.

All in all, it looks much more like War of the Ring than like Twilight Struggle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Martínez
Spain
Valencia
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Star Wars: Rebellion - Imperial LoyaltyMicrobadge: Brass: Birmingham fanMicrobadge: Twilight Struggle fanMicrobadge: Root fanMicrobadge: Troyes fan
I'd say yes, no doubt.

Take notice about the numbers marked on the leaders stands. And also (from the edge web):

"- If you want to attempt a mission, you need to attempt it with a leader.
- If you want to move your military forces, you need a leader to direct them.
- If you want to oppose your opponent’s efforts at a mission or during combat, you need a leader at the ready."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerhardt Schroeder
msg tools
mbmb
azuredarkness wrote:
Don't think so.
The preview talked about placing characters to activate systems, so it's probably more akin to Twilight Imperium in this regard.

All in all, it looks much more like War of the Ring than like Twilight Struggle.
This would be my guess. A set of actions that you can do without cards, but where you can help your strategic efforts through card play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro Rascon
Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rescue a leader; to me it sounds like the old star wars: Rebellion video game. I loved that!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls