Machi Koro» Forums » General

Subject: Which variant do you guys use? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Gallo
United States
New York
flag msg tools
i enjoy the 4/4/2 variant but does anyone use a variant with more cards out like 5/5/2 or even 6/6/2? Just curious to see what everyone else uses and likes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Beiter
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Cthulhu Wars fanMicrobadge: Game ExplainerMicrobadge: Nightfall fanMicrobadge: I talk trash during gamesMicrobadge: I play with red!
I use 6/3/6. Especially with all the fiddly cards from the MR expansion. We want to make sure players have options.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Gallo
United States
New York
flag msg tools
Very interesting. I guess that is the setup in the original set isn't it? Aren't there six cards that are 1-6, six cards that are 7+ and three purple czrds?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul M
United States
Elkhart
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I played 5/2/5 with harbor, but now that I have millionaire, I was thinking 6/3/6, though I have not yet tried it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Gallo
United States
New York
flag msg tools
So I guess what I'm seeing is 5/5/2 with just harbor and if both 6/6/3?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Taed Wynnell
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What do those numbers refer to? I guess I'm not familiar with variants. I just mix all 3 sets together and have 10 at a time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Gallo
United States
New York
flag msg tools
Taed wrote:
What do those numbers refer to? I guess I'm not familiar with variants. I just mix all 3 sets together and have 10 at a time.
The variants have you make three piles. One with cards 1-6, one with cards 7+ and one with purple cards. The first two get the bigger number of piles with the purple cards get smaller number of piles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Takacs

San Clemente
California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Using the x/x/x variants, when do you draw new cards and how many?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Désirée Greverud
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
Keeper of the Sacred Aardvark
mbmbmbmbmb
S Lee T wrote:
Using the x/x/x variants, when do you draw new cards and how many?
you draw a new card between players' turns whenever there is an empty space in the market. If the card you draw is something already in the market, you add that card to its proper stack and draw another card. Repeat until you draw a card not already in the market to fill the empty slot then stop.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls