Hide
13 Posts

Kingdom Death: Monster» Forums » General

Subject: Bases 50mm, 100mm rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Thomas Hassell
msg tools
Has anyone found a way to make matching inserts for 50mm and 100mm bases yet? Been thinking of trying to make a model and get someone to 3D print a pair to make press molds off of. Anyone else have any ideas?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Wirtz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Why would you need 3-d printed versions for press molds? you already have the ones that come with the minis, and could probably do it in a single mold. Also, they'd be more durable as single pieces.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Hassell
msg tools
Because the game doesn't come with face inserts for 50mmand 100mm bases...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Lee
msg tools
I've made a press mold of the base that comes with this for the 50mm ones.

http://gallery.kingdomdeath.com/Lion-Knight-2nd

It's quite a bit larger than 50mms however, so you need to trim off the sides a bit.

I believe he's an upcoming expansion, so you might get the base for it too.

For the 100mm base, I'm planning on cutting up a bunch of casts of this like it's got fissures running across them, because obviously, it's not going to cover all 100mms of the base.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Wirtz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
It wasn't at all clear you meant face inserts.

I made these for my own, matching style if not scale:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Hassell
msg tools
Wow, the lion knight with the base insert is going for $178 on ebay atm.

Dunno... gonna drive me crazy until I find a solution, maybe you'll be right about the lion knight base, or maybe poots will suprise us on black friday.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
StevenE Smooth Sailing...
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Done with press molds... They are set to be painted and have ground works added to blend the cracks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan McCullough
United States
Germantown
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
StevenE wrote:
Done with press molds... They are set to be painted and have ground works added to blend the cracks.

I want to do something exactly like this, how did you do it please?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Trewartha
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Adonai_80 wrote:
StevenE wrote:

I want to do something exactly like this, how did you do it please?

Answering for someone else I know... but check this and the video:
https://www.coolminiornot.com/shop/instant-mold.html

Pretty sure that is it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
StevenE Smooth Sailing...
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Instant mold and green stuff
https://www.coolminiornot.com/shop/tools-and-misc/instant-pr...

The video that sold me on using Instant Mold
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Lee
msg tools
Look for oyumaru on ebayor elsewhere too. Same product, much cheaper than cmon. Cmon just repackages and resells at a higher price for this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Hassell
msg tools
Thanks guys. I'll look this stuff up and give it a try. Appreciate the input. Looks awesome.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Olds
United States
OREM
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've made two sets on commission:

And here's a second set of them. The main themes were the same, but this time less rivers of blood/lava.

The white lion is on a the "plain of feet." This is a little call out to one of the hunt events- it can result in almost nothing happening, but it might end with the party finding the bottom of the world and falling (upwards) to their deaths.

I did a different composition this time, but I still used the concept of the acanthus plant growing out of a cracked stone face.

The butcher, Kingsman and the Hand are on graduating bases (the Kings Hand wasn't glued onto the base at the time I took these photographs). I really feel that these ones are a good baseline for that the plain of faces looks like.

The Watcher and Phoenix weren't completely assembled (just enough to get them centered on their bases). I decided to create a cracked base, maybe from an earthquake or some other monumental event that acts as a harbinger for the Watcher's arrival.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.