Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
13 Posts

Kingdom Death: Monster» Forums » General

Subject: Bases 50mm, 100mm rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Has anyone found a way to make matching inserts for 50mm and 100mm bases yet? Been thinking of trying to make a model and get someone to 3D print a pair to make press molds off of. Anyone else have any ideas?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Wirtz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
Microbadge: AtheistMicrobadge: Kingdom Death fan - Watcher CrestMicrobadge: Platinum Image UploaderMicrobadge: Copper Session ReporterMicrobadge: Copper Reviewer
Why would you need 3-d printed versions for press molds? you already have the ones that come with the minis, and could probably do it in a single mold. Also, they'd be more durable as single pieces.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Because the game doesn't come with face inserts for 50mmand 100mm bases...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Lee
msg tools
I've made a press mold of the base that comes with this for the 50mm ones.

http://gallery.kingdomdeath.com/Lion-Knight-2nd

It's quite a bit larger than 50mms however, so you need to trim off the sides a bit.

I believe he's an upcoming expansion, so you might get the base for it too.

For the 100mm base, I'm planning on cutting up a bunch of casts of this like it's got fissures running across them, because obviously, it's not going to cover all 100mms of the base.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Wirtz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
Microbadge: AtheistMicrobadge: Kingdom Death fan - Watcher CrestMicrobadge: Platinum Image UploaderMicrobadge: Copper Session ReporterMicrobadge: Copper Reviewer
It wasn't at all clear you meant face inserts.

I made these for my own, matching style if not scale:

Board Game: Kingdom Death: Monster

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wow, the lion knight with the base insert is going for $178 on ebay atm.

Dunno... gonna drive me crazy until I find a solution, maybe you'll be right about the lion knight base, or maybe poots will suprise us on black friday.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
StevenE Smooth Sailing...
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Memoir '44 fanMicrobadge: Commands & Colors: Napoleonics fanMicrobadge: Commands & Colors Ancients fanMicrobadge: Battle Cry fanMicrobadge: Samurai Battles fan
Done with press molds... They are set to be painted and have ground works added to blend the cracks.

From gallery of StevenE

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan McCullough
United States
Germantown
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Ground Floor fanMicrobadge: Ares Games "Aztlan" Contest participantMicrobadge: Mystery Express fanMicrobadge: Eldritch Horror fanMicrobadge: Small World fan
StevenE wrote:
Done with press molds... They are set to be painted and have ground works added to blend the cracks.

From gallery of StevenE
I want to do something exactly like this, how did you do it please?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Trewartha
Australia
flag msg tools
Microbadge: 5 Year Geek VeteranMicrobadge: Level 03 BGG poster
Adonai_80 wrote:
StevenE wrote:

From gallery of StevenE
I want to do something exactly like this, how did you do it please?
Answering for someone else I know... but check this and the video:
https://www.coolminiornot.com/shop/instant-mold.html

Pretty sure that is it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
StevenE Smooth Sailing...
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Memoir '44 fanMicrobadge: Commands & Colors: Napoleonics fanMicrobadge: Commands & Colors Ancients fanMicrobadge: Battle Cry fanMicrobadge: Samurai Battles fan
Instant mold and green stuff
https://www.coolminiornot.com/shop/tools-and-misc/instant-pr...

The video that sold me on using Instant Mold
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Lee
msg tools
Look for oyumaru on ebayor elsewhere too. Same product, much cheaper than cmon. Cmon just repackages and resells at a higher price for this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanks guys. I'll look this stuff up and give it a try. Appreciate the input. Looks awesome.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Olds
United States
OREM
Utah
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Kingdom Death Original Survivor fanMicrobadge: Iron Kingdoms RPG fanMicrobadge: 5 Year Geek VeteranMicrobadge: Stuffed Fables - I Play LumpyMicrobadge: You've been Caked
I've made two sets on commission:

And here's a second set of them. The main themes were the same, but this time less rivers of blood/lava.

External image

The white lion is on a the "plain of feet." This is a little call out to one of the hunt events- it can result in almost nothing happening, but it might end with the party finding the bottom of the world and falling (upwards) to their deaths.

External image

I did a different composition this time, but I still used the concept of the acanthus plant growing out of a cracked stone face.

External image

External image

External image

The butcher, Kingsman and the Hand are on graduating bases (the Kings Hand wasn't glued onto the base at the time I took these photographs). I really feel that these ones are a good baseline for that the plain of faces looks like.

External image

External image

The Watcher and Phoenix weren't completely assembled (just enough to get them centered on their bases). I decided to create a cracked base, maybe from an earthquake or some other monumental event that acts as a harbinger for the Watcher's arrival.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls