Subject: Any good de-boxing tutorials? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Carl Frodge
United States
Plantation
Florida
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Russian Railroads fanMicrobadge: Terra Mystica fanMicrobadge: Five Tribes fanMicrobadge: Blood Rage fan - Bear ClanMicrobadge: Carson City fan
Like this, but a more in-depth tutorial on how to do it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
Show me something that beats a natural 20 and I'll show you hateful lies.
badge
We've taken care of everything...
Microbadge: BirdwatcherMicrobadge: Citizenship Recognition - Level II - If I have seen further, it's only by standing on the apex of other's dice.Microbadge: Dominant Species fanMicrobadge: Dune fanMicrobadge: Agricola fan
What other information are you looking for? Measure what you need, cut box to suit and you are done.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Frodge
United States
Plantation
Florida
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Russian Railroads fanMicrobadge: Terra Mystica fanMicrobadge: Five Tribes fanMicrobadge: Blood Rage fan - Bear ClanMicrobadge: Carson City fan
darthain wrote:
What other information are you looking for? Measure what you need, cut box to suit and you are done.
I don't know exactly what to measure and where to cut, and I was hoping maybe someone has a better solution for holding the box together than packing tape.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leonardo Martino
Italy
Milano
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Parent of Two Boys and One GirlMicrobadge: Helvetia fanMicrobadge: The 3 Musketeers fan - RichelieuMicrobadge: Taktika fanMicrobadge: War Stories fan ... reduced!
white glue with paper? That's how I build my boxes
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MandatoryQuest
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
They call him Cuban Pete..
Microbadge: 5 Year Geek VeteranMicrobadge: Star Wars fanMicrobadge: Chicago Bears fanMicrobadge: Go Bears!Microbadge: I play with red!
measure twice, cut once.

Best advice my old man ever gave me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J M
United States
Scottdale
Georgia
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Terraforming Mars fanMicrobadge: I Covet More Dark Stone!Microbadge: Shadowrun: Crossfire fan - MageMicrobadge: Argent: The Consortium fanMicrobadge: Punching Cardboard podcast fan
agentkuo wrote:
darthain wrote:
I don't know exactly what to measure and where to cut, and I was hoping maybe someone has a better solution for holding the box together than packing tape.
I think that one thing they could have done in the video, is keep the tabs on the new box side instead of cutting them off. Gluing those to the inside of the box ends would give a good, strong corner. That wouldn't work so well for the lid, but I know people use thick paper & glue for lid corner repairs so that could be an option, instead of tape.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wim van Gruisen
Netherlands
Den Bosch
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
Microbadge: Apple userMicrobadge: Discordian
TheRealDC wrote:
measure twice, cut once.

Best advice my old man ever gave me.
But do you then cut along the first measurement or the second?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
Show me something that beats a natural 20 and I'll show you hateful lies.
badge
We've taken care of everything...
Microbadge: BirdwatcherMicrobadge: Citizenship Recognition - Level II - If I have seen further, it's only by standing on the apex of other's dice.Microbadge: Dominant Species fanMicrobadge: Dune fanMicrobadge: Agricola fan
agentkuo wrote:
darthain wrote:
Material space occupied + box height is pretty much it. The top is 2 material thickness wider.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hedyn Brand
Norway
Oslo
Lethargy
flag msg tools
Nothing to see here. Move along.
badge
Rules? I gotta read RULES‽
Microbadge: The Meeple That Should Not BeMicrobadge: Cooperative Games fanMicrobadge: The Lord of the Rings fanMicrobadge: Living Card Game fanMicrobadge: WFRP - Slaanesh fan
TheRealDC wrote:
measure twice, cut once.
…and curse thrice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls