Travis Bridges
United States
Nazareth
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
That's two votes for Emperor
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking for an easy game to play with the wife. Does this qualify as a worthy 2-player game? I realize I maybe bored out of my mind with this, but I like to find stuff my wife won't find too threatening.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Gritt
United Kingdom
Brighton
East Sussex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A brilliant game for three. You need to play it a couple of times to "get" all the things you can do with what initially seem like very constrained placement rules. Ends up being much more of a brain-burner than expected. The production values are up to Queen's typically wonderful standards, although the rules translation is a bit ropey. Some have said that it is very abstract, but the theme works really well when explaining the game. Recommended if you like Aton by the same designer.

Your choices are more limited and therefore easier with four.

Horrible with two. Avoid!

Aton, also by Queen and Gimmler, should meet your criteria though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Pulles
Canada
Regina
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I totally disagree that it's horrible with 2... I played a couple of games last night and both were tight right to the finish. However, we played with all 8 neutral guards, one placed in each palace at start and one other placed by each of the players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodrigo Borrego Bernabé
Spain
Salamanca
Salamanca
flag msg tools
I totally disagree about it's horrible with 2. I played yesterdays and the game offers a lot of options that can make it slower but it can be very funny also.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Hanley
Canada
Dorval
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I just played my first game with only 2 and it was quite good. I can't wait to play with 4.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ian smith
Scotland
Glasgow
flag msg tools
badge
I Play Green
mbmbmbmbmb
I must whole heartidly disagree, I find it to be a marvellous two player game, the first few rounds are fast paced and it takes little time to reach 3 or 4 chests, the remaining 2 can prove terribly elusive, especialy if your opponent can keep moving those neutral guards. This game has considerably more depth than many appreciate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.