Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Hendrikje Krone
Australia
Castlemaine
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My sons and I were playing our first game of Eclipse yesterday and we weren't quite sure if descendants of Draco were allowed to colonise on ancient's planets...I suspect probably not, but since you can place an influence disks on ancient's planets I wasn't sure. Does anyone know?
Thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Bakija
United States
flag msg tools
Q: Are we not men?
mbmbmbmbmb
LaBerlinette wrote:
My sons and I were playing our first game of Eclipse yesterday and we weren't quite sure if descendants of Draco were allowed to colonise on ancient's planets...I suspect probably not, but since you can place an influence disks on ancient's planets I wasn't sure. Does anyone know?
Thank you!
:)

They can certainly colonize planets held by Ancients. They just can't fight ancients or take their treasures.

You flip over a hex with ancients on it. You place a colonization disc on the planet with the ancient on it. You put cubes on the hex like normal. All good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hendrikje Krone
Australia
Castlemaine
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh wow! Fantastic!
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Bakija
United States
flag msg tools
Q: Are we not men?
mbmbmbmbmb
LaBerlinette wrote:
Oh wow! Fantastic!
Thanks!
:)

The Draco are a strong race. Probably the second best in the base game (behind Hydra and probably just ahead of Orion). They get to start the game with a very quick leg up by colonizing ancient systems quickly, and often look pretty scary relative to everyone else by T3. But their lack of starting technology, and lack of the ability to kill ancients (so they have trouble getting combat shield VPs and free discoveries) often means that they tend to start falling behind after the first third of the game. That being said, I have probably won as Draco more than any other single race.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan B
United States
Wheaton
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a great summary of Draco's strengths and weaknesses. Personally, I think that whether Draco is one of the best races in the base game depends heavily on how combat oriented the group you're playing with tends to be. In a less aggressive group, Planta's exploration advantage tends to put it in first, and Hydra's research advantage often puts it in second. In a much more combat oriented group, Planta has trouble keeping up due to it having fewer squares on its ship blueprints and the fact that its enemies do not need neutron bombs to wipe out its worlds without die rolls.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.