Nippon» Forums » Rules

Subject: Local Market rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Massimo Gori
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought this Game 4 days ago in Lucca Fair and it enjoyes me a lot.
I need an explanation about Local market action: the rulebook state that performing this action you can place 1 to 3 Influence tiles in 1 Region.

1-You can discard 1,2,3 cubes in up to three different kind of goods. Ok?

2-If you split the cubes of the same goods (as the example on the rulebook 3 clocks, use 1 to place a 5 Influence tile, and the other 2 to place a 6 one), in this case you can discard only another goods because you reached the maximum of three Influence. It's right?

3-If you discards three differents goods and so place 3 Influence tokens (in the same Region), you take the region's bonus at once or three times?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nuno Bizarro Sentieiro
Portugal
Leiria
flag msg tools
designer
#WYGAME
badge
#NBS# at WYG
mbmbmbmbmb
Ciao Massimo

Thank you !

1- NO, a Player must place 1 to 3 Influence tiles (Discarding 1, 2, or 3 cubes-goods depending on the influence value wanted/achievable for each tile placed).

2- The maximum influence it's 3 tiles per action. For example if you have 4 cubes in a level 3 factory, you can pay one cube to place a 5 influence tile, another cube to place a second 5 influence tile (or lower if not available) and the remaining two cubes for a 6 influence tile. You place them in the same region, on the matching demands.

3- You take the bonus 3 times (once per each influence token placed).

Hope this helps.

cheers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Blum
United States
Wilmington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
I think the first question was whether or not you could spend a different type of good for each influence tile in a single action. I thought you could - is this incorrect?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nuno Bizarro Sentieiro
Portugal
Leiria
flag msg tools
designer
#WYGAME
badge
#NBS# at WYG
mbmbmbmbmb
tool wrote:
I think the first question was whether or not you could spend a different type of good for each influence tile in a single action. I thought you could - is this incorrect?

You must place 1 to 3 influence tiles. To place one influence tile you spend goods-cubes from one factory. This factory must match the demand on the map. The value of the influence tile depends on the level of the factory and number of cubes-goods spend.

If you want-can you may place more influence tiles following the same procedure-rule.

So in one action you can place up to 3 tiles in one region using goods from up to 3 different factories. Off course you always have to match demand, if people want clocks, you cant's give them bento...

Clear ?

cheers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Massimo Gori
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for quick answer and for the amazing game you produce (I own Panamax too)

Reading the answer and the rulebook I understand that to place 3 influence token you are obliged to sell/discard different kind of goods, because in the same region (2 cities) you can't find 3 times the same matching demands (unless you place an influence tile and then, with the same action, you replace it with higher value one - but it would not make sense).
For that reason I think the second example is incorrect, but if you have 4 cubes in a clock factory and 2 cubes in a bento factory you can pay one clock's cube to place a 5 influence tile, another clock's cube to place a second 5 influence tile (in the other city), and pay 2 bento's cube to place a 4 influence tile. All respecting the rules of the same region, the matching demands and the available influence slot (empty or with a lower influence tile).

I hope I was clear and correct

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Renato
Portugal
Vila Nova Gaia
Porto
flag msg tools
I run through Rahdo's Runthroughs and make right what once went wrong (via annotations)
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
uncelafo wrote:
Thank you for quick answer and for the amazing game you produce (I own Panamax too)

Reading the answer and the rulebook I understand that to place 3 influence token you are obliged to sell/discard different kind of goods, because in the same region (2 cities) you can't find 3 times the same matching demands (unless you place an influence tile and then, with the same action, you replace it with higher value one - but it would not make sense).
For that reason I think the second example is incorrect, but if you have 4 cubes in a clock factory and 2 cubes in a bento factory you can pay one clock's cube to place a 5 influence tile, another clock's cube to place a second 5 influence tile (in the other city), and pay 2 bento's cube to place a 4 influence tile. All respecting the rules of the same region, the matching demands and the available influence slot (empty or with a lower influence tile).

it can make sense because each time you place influence you get the bonus of the region... so, if you only have one of the goods the region wants and you want to get the bonus more times you can do that... place a low influence and then place a higher influence bumping the one you just placed off so you can get the bonus 1 extra time
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nuno Bizarro Sentieiro
Portugal
Leiria
flag msg tools
designer
#WYGAME
badge
#NBS# at WYG
mbmbmbmbmb
uncelafo wrote:

Thanks,

The example was intended to be extreme but totally plausible.

Hope you enjoy the game any more questions just shoot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Massimo Gori
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Muse23PT wrote:
uncelafo wrote:

it can make sense because each time you place influence you get the bonus of the region... so, if you only have one of the goods the region wants and you want to get the bonus more times you can do that... place a low influence and then place a higher influence bumping the one you just placed off so you can get the bonus 1 extra time

Ok it's true, I haven't consider this aspect

Thankyou everyone
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sirawich Sangsawang
Thailand
flag msg tools
Sentieiro wrote:
tool wrote:

You must place 1 to 3 influence tiles. To place one influence tile you spend goods-cubes from one factory. This factory must match the demand on the map. The value of the influence tile depends on the level of the factory and number of cubes-goods spend.

If you want-can you may place more influence tiles following the same procedure-rule.

So in one action you can place up to 3 tiles in one region using goods from up to 3 different factories. Off course you always have to match demand, if people want clocks, you cant's give them bento...

Clear ?

cheers

I have a question.
To place an influence tile(s). I must place on a slot is matching side of goods to pay for this on a city too. Right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Renato
Portugal
Vila Nova Gaia
Porto
flag msg tools
I run through Rahdo's Runthroughs and make right what once went wrong (via annotations)
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mayrakis wrote:
Sentieiro wrote:
tool wrote:

Clear ?

cheers

I have a question.
To place an influence tile(s). I must place on a slot is matching side of goods to pay for this on a city too. Right?

right
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ray davies
United Kingdom
bishops stortford
hertfordshire
flag msg tools
Sorry, more clarification please ( I have just received the game).
I take the Local Market action. I supply clocks and bento to one city and clocks to the other ( all in the same region; 3 influence tiles in total).
1. The above is acceptable?
2. Do I get the region bonus once or three times( one bonus for each influence tile)?
Thanks
Ray

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Eisen
United States
Menlo Park
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
fcraymo wrote:
Sorry, more clarification please ( I have just received the game).
I take the Local Market action. I supply clocks and bento to one city and clocks to the other ( all in the same region; 3 influence tiles in total).
1. The above is acceptable?

Yes.

Quote:

2. Do I get the region bonus once or three times( one bonus for each influence tile)?

Three times. You could even get three times by supplying clocks twice to the same city, supplying it once with a low numbered influence tile and a second time with a higher one, replacing the low one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Pontillo
Canada
LavaL
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
First play of Nippon

In my last turn, I have 3 or 4 cubes in all my factory
I want to place my 7-7-6 influence tokens on the board
but the gamers said to me No , I can do that

On the board , you can see Local Market with 1-2- and 3 cubes
You only can place an influence token with one cube
or another with 2 cubes
or another with 3 cubes

No other combinaison

I am not sure
This is correct or not

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Tan
Malaysia
Subang Jaya
Selangor D.E
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
risk2003AD wrote:
First play of Nippon

or another with 2 cubes
or another with 3 cubes

No other combinaison

I am not sure
This is correct or not

If I'm understanding your question correctly, the others are wrong.

To send goods to the local market, you have an option to put up to 3 influence tokens on the board. For each influence token, you can remove up to 3 goods cubes and put the token up on the board according to the given table. So its up to you and not in the sequence of 1,2 and 3 goods cubes
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jaime D.
Spain
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jazontan wrote:
risk2003AD wrote:
First play of Nippon

or another with 2 cubes
or another with 3 cubes

No other combinaison

I am not sure
This is correct or not

If I'm understanding your question correctly, the others are wrong.

To send goods to the local market, you have an option to put up to 3 influence tokens on the board. For each influence token, you can remove up to 3 goods cubes and put the token up on the board according to the given table. So its up to you and not in the sequence of 1,2 and 3 goods cubes

Actually the others are totally wrong. Excerpt from the manual (emphasis mine):

When performing the Local Market action, a player supplies one of the depicted Goods,and places one of his Influence tiles on the Influence slot corresponding to the Good he supplied to the City.

Note: The numbers depicted on the Influence slots represent the current level of Influence that the Overseas Companies have in the Region.

These numbers are not relevant while performing the Local Market action, but are important during the Scorings if not covered by an Influence tile (see page 12).

The last paragraph is crucial to understand why they are wrong. All the info in page 10.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Justice
United States
Parker
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sentieiro wrote:
Ciao Massimo

Thank you !

1- NO, a Player must place 1 to 3 Influence tiles (Discarding 1, 2, or 3 cubes-goods depending on the influence value wanted/achievable for each tile placed).

2- The maximum influence it's 3 tiles per action. For example if you have 4 cubes in a level 3 factory, you can pay one cube to place a 5 influence tile, another cube to place a second 5 influence tile (or lower if not available) and the remaining two cubes for a 6 influence tile. You place them in the same region, on the matching demands.

3- You take the bonus 3 times (once per each influence token placed).

Hope this helps.

cheers

Emphasis mine "or lower if not available"

From the above example, does this mean that you could select an influence tile from a level 2 or level 1 factory if so inclined?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nuno Bizarro Sentieiro
Portugal
Leiria
flag msg tools
designer
#WYGAME
badge
#NBS# at WYG
mbmbmbmbmb
" The value of the Influence tile the player may place varies according to the supplied Good and the number of discarded cubes. A player is always allowed to place a tile of a lower value."

So, yes.

Enjoy the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.