Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
G B
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Consider the following example found on p.18 of GS:
You play the 26th VG Division card to activate the units of the 26th VG, a division in XLVII Corps. After completing the activation your card plays have not yet reached the Allied Command Level, so you may play another command card. You may not play a card to activate XLVII Corps throughout the rest of this impulse and all of next impulse. You may play a division card for a division other than the 26th VG in XLVII Corps. If you play an army or army group card to activate a Kampfgruppe during this impulse or the next, the units of the 26th VG Division and XLVII Corps may not be included in the Kampfgruppe, even if within its Command Range. (bold is mine)

And keep in mind the ruling of GS 6.5:
You may not activate a German brigade, division, corps, or Kampfgruppe containing units that were already activated in the current or immediately preceding German impulse.

Under what logic can't you activate a Kampfgruppe containing the remaining unactivated units of the XLVII corps?

I understand the Kampfgruppe can't comprise the already activated units of the 26th VG division but I don't get how, in regards to GS 6.5, this precludes me from activating a Kampfgruppe containing any other eligible unactivated units among the XLVII corps?

Forgive my stubbornness, but I must be overlooking (or more likely, overthinking...) an important piece of information?

Again, thanks to everyone!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Kossits
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You wouldn't be able to do this either:
o play a card for a division in the XLVII Corps
and then later
o play the XLVII Corps card for the full Corps

The Kampfgruppe seems to be treated as a full activation of all Corps involved, which would be the equivalent of the above situation. You've already activated a portion of the corps earlier, and that stops you from activating the full corps until you've waited a little while.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls