Yani
Switzerland
Zürich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello, although I have searched the forums, I did not manage to find definite answers to the below questions. Any replies are appreciated.

1. How exactly does push work, after the expansion? All rules referring to Push talk about "characters", except one that talks about "the hero". Is this just a typo or does it work differently from hero to other characters? My understanding is that:
a) a character adjacent to terrain is pushed to an empty group
b) a character not adjacent to terrain is either pushed to lowest priority unoccupied terrain, or if all occupied, to an empty group
Can someone confirm?

2. Does the "Stalk" ability allow you to really move (after using it) for the whole round, when anyone gets an exposure, next to them?

3. Does the "Shut the Helmet" ability give you a shield each round the die stays locked or just the first one (when you lock it)?

4. Many cards, including the Mule say "Move to distant group". Can the distant group be an empty one?

5. I have seen on the forums that Tom said that the number of charge icons on abilities signify the number of maximum activations per assignment phase. Still, in my version of FAQ v2 this is not changed from the original. For instance, can you use a die from the 2 new you get to roll when you activate "Panic Attack" to assign it to "Panic Attack" again?

6. Can you use a ranged weapon in melee combat? I think not but would appreciate confirmation.

7. If you defeat a boss, eg in Encounter II, do you win, or do you still have to kill all minions as well? I think the latter, but confirmation is appreciated here too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Beau Bocephus Blasterfire
United States
Berrien Springs
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have the answers you are seeking, but do have a request. I ask of you to edit the original post with best supplied answers as others post their responses. It will make this thread much more valuable as a future reference.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yani
Switzerland
Zürich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bbblasterfire wrote:
I don't have the answers you are seeking, but do have a request. I ask of you to edit the original post with best supplied answers as others post their responses. It will make this thread much more valuable as a future reference.
Whether this makes sense or not depends on the length and complexity of the thread and answers given (for which the last 2 posts including this one don't help). Scrolling down a few posts to find answers is easy enough for future searchers, especially if one includes in the title specific search terms like I did, to help the search algorithm.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael R

Heidelberg
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Below are some answers reflecting my understanding of the rules.

coralsaw wrote:

1. How exactly does push work, after the expansion? All rules referring to Push talk about "characters", except one that talks about "the hero". Is this just a typo or does it work differently from hero to other characters? My understanding is that:
b) a character not adjacent to terrain is either pushed to lowest priority unoccupied terrain, or if all occupied, to an empty group
Can someone confirm?
Exactly my understanding. I believe enemies are treated exactly like heroes (not sure why the rulebook says "hero" in the "if all occupied" case).

Quote:

2. Does the "Stalk" ability allow you to really move (after using it) for the whole round, when anyone gets an exposure, next to them?
It's probably meant to be a one time (re)action. Let's see what the errata (see Tom's response below) will be.

Quote:

3. Does the "Shut the Helmet" ability give you a shield each round the die stays locked or just the first one (when you lock it)?
Every round, yes. Otherwise, what would be the point in being able to lock it in the first place?

Quote:

4. Many cards, including the Mule say "Move to distant group". Can the distant group be an empty one?
I believe some of the cards explicitly mention that the character or terrain can be moved to a possibly empty group. If it does not, it probably means that it will not be possible.

Yes.

Quote:

5. I have seen on the forums that Tom said that the number of charge icons on abilities signify the number of maximum activations per assignment phase. Still, in my version of FAQ v2 this is not changed from the original. For instance, can you use a die from the 2 new you get to roll when you activate "Panic Attack" to assign it to "Panic Attack" again?
I have read somewhere that this changed (from beta to 1st edition? Or from 1st to 2nd edition?). Anyway, the charge icons now simply indicate the number of dice that you can assign to the ability (rulebook, page 12). After you use an ability, you can assign new dice to it with an ability such as Panic Attack. Note, however, that you cannot use Panic Attack to reassign dice to Panic Attack as the text of the card explicitly refers to "other ability cards".

Quote:

6. Can you use a ranged weapon in melee combat? I think not but would appreciate confirmation.
Which weapon are you referring to? Most of them tell you explicitly which kind of attack they can be used in.

Quote:

7. If you defeat a boss, eg in Encounter II, do you win, or do you still have to kill all minions as well? I think the latter, but confirmation is appreciated here too.
If the boss has the "objective" key word, you only need to kill the boss. Otherwise, you have to kill everyone. This is clarified in the Doompocalypse rule book, page 2.

Edit: updated reply to take into account Tom's response from below.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Stasiak
Poland
Tuszyn
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mb
coralsaw wrote:
Hello, although I have searched the forums, I did not manage to find definite answers to the below questions. Any replies are appreciated.

Can someone confirm?

1. Characters are both heroes and enemies, as specified in the base game rulebook. New push mechanics apply equally to both enemies and heroes.
Quote:

Can someone confirm?
This is correct.

2. Stalk card requires an errata. An official errata will be available tomorrow (uploading it today).

3. Shield each round if it stays locked.

4. Yes.

5. You may activate these abilities more times than the number of indicated charges, if you can figure out a way to place more dice on the ability during the round.

6. It generally depends on the keywords of an ability. An ability is a Melee ability if it has a Melee keyword below the illustration. An ability may be both a Melee and Ranged ability if it has both keywords.

7. Some enemies are marked with (objective) keyword (for example The Wraith of doom). After all enemies marked as objective are defeated, the encounter ends. If no enemies are marked as objectives, then all enemies need to be defeated in order to end the encounter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yani
Switzerland
Zürich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Perfectly clear, thanks Tom and Michael.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yani
Switzerland
Zürich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Spoke too soon.

madyoss wrote:
5. You may activate these abilities more times than the number of indicated charges, if you can figure out a way to place more dice on the ability during the round.
This presumes that at the moment of placing an extra die on the card that there are fewer existing dice sitting on the card than charging icons, correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafał Wątorski
Poland
Kraków
flag msg tools
Do you wanna play a game?
badge
We are all prisoners inside the cage of our own flesh.
mbmbmbmbmb
coralsaw wrote:
Spoke too soon.

madyoss wrote:
This presumes that at the moment of placing an extra die on the card that there are fewer existing dice sitting on the card that charging icons, correct?
Correct

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls