Subject: Spell School Card Count rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
JD Snider
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was wondering if anyone else has counted the number of cards in each school of magic (including cards from the Adventurer's Companion and all expansions). My count (for UNIQUE spells per school) is:

Druidism: 9
Hydromancy: 9
Necromancy: 12
Geomancy: 9
Divinity: 15
Aeromancy: 9
Pyromancy: 9
Sorcery: 11
Petty: 16

Edit: I initially missed an entire pile of spell cards, so I've updated my count above accordingly. The distribution appears to be much better now (and setup for Paladin and Druid works fine, even without Petty Magic).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Captain Orlando
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry I dont have the game yet but can you please help me? What schools have the "break ward" spell. The one that can break magical doors?

I have been wondering what the point of the other schools is if you can never get past magical doors.

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
seb seb2
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CaptainOrlando wrote:
Sorry I dont have the game yet but can you please help me? What schools have the "break ward" spell. The one that can break magical doors?

I have been wondering what the point of the other schools is if you can never get past magical doors.

Thanks
the petty magic school.

it is supposed to be known by all spellcaster,but we need an official answer about this.

Actually you need to have a wizard in your group,with break wars chosen as one of his starting spell.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Captain Orlando
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, I thought I had read petty magic was suppose to be known by all spellcasters but could not find where in the published rules.

Until I find out for sure it looks like it will be going in the house rules section, all spellcasters have the "break ward" spell. :-)

Also nice breakdown of the spell groups, looks like there could be plenty of different magic builds with so many spells.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad P
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
CaptainOrlando wrote:
Thanks, I thought I had read petty magic was suppose to be known by all spellcasters but could not find where in the published rules.

Until I find out for sure it looks like it will be going in the house rules section, all spellcasters have the "break ward" spell. :-)

Also nice breakdown of the spell groups, looks like there could be plenty of different magic builds with so many spells.

It says it on page 66 (when it lists petty magic as a school) but it should list it on each spellcasters entry also since it lists it on one. You are not wrong to be confused given the person who wrote the example character on page 53 is also confused.

It does appear correct that only the wizard character can guarantee to have break ward at level 1. The other spell casters can try to learn it with their first level choice but have to get it their draw of six which is only about 1 in 4 or 1 in 5 chance.

I would say the rule should be you can pick any minor spell you could know or draw the 6 out of the whole deck of spells you could learn but must choose which before drawing the 6.

But I now note that Heros start at level 0 unlike in D&D so under the rules as written only a Mage can start with Break Ward.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls