Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Folsom
United States
Wilmore
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm making this post mostly for people to post questions they have for anything up to the end of April, but before starting May.
So if you have any questions involving rules for ALL of April, then here's a safe place to post them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Folsom
United States
Wilmore
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Faded gets 3 at beginning. Do we mark that spot with a faded sticker or only when that spot outbreaks into a non-faded area?
Example: Red is Faded for my game. Tokyo getting 3 and then outbreaking into San Francisco. Do we only put 1 sticker on San Francisco?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathue Faulkner
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If Tokyo didn't have a sticker previously, then you add one sticker during setup when you add the 3 Faded. If Tokyo outbreaks to San Francisco, then you add a sticker to San Francisco and place a single Faded there. I was a little unclear on your question, so hopefully that helps...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Waddell
United States
Mcdonald
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i read it as from this point on when you put are suppose to put a cube in that city it becomes faded. so i would say even when a city is going to outbreak even if it doesn't technically get a cube placed in it, it would become faded and all cubes would be turned into the faded markers. All the places that would get cubes from the outbreak now get Faded markers instead and also join the faded cities. Finally when you start your next game during set up any city that you draw that would get the Coda virus (depending on what color you have) would now get faded markers instead of that virus.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Folsom
United States
Wilmore
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah I think that answers my question. Putting a sticker on a city that's already CODA seemed like there was no reason for it. I suppose later maybe cities in CODA areas, but never turned to faded will be a thing (don't tell me, I don't want to know).
So with the "from now on", say San Fran already had 2 blue cubes and Faded Tokyo outbreaks, San Fran gets rid of blue cubes and now has 3 faded?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Roth
United States
cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
themaster408 wrote:
Yeah I think that answers my question. Putting a sticker on a city that's already CODA seemed like there was no reason for it. I suppose later maybe cities in CODA areas, but never turned to faded will be a thing (don't tell me, I don't want to know).
So with the "from now on", say San Fran already had 2 blue cubes and Faded Tokyo outbreaks, San Fran gets rid of blue cubes and now has 3 faded?
Yes - San Fran now becomes a faded city and the blue cubes become faded
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Washington
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The blue cubes stay blue for that game.

In the future, when San Fran is drawn from the deck, you put a faded figure there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Folsom
United States
Wilmore
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well now there's 2 different answers here. So do the blue cubes stay and just add faded from now on or are the cubes removed and it now has 3 faded figures?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathue Faulkner
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
themaster408 wrote:
Well now there's 2 different answers here. So do the blue cubes stay and just add faded from now on or are the cubes removed and it now has 3 faded figures?
I swear the rules are explicit on this point, but I don't have the game in front of me. It never came up in our campaign, but I'd double check the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Philippe Thériault
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
themaster408 wrote:
There is a rule that says they replace the cubes with Faded figures on one of the stickers, but I can't reference it from here as I don't have the rulebook.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Philippe Thériault
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mfaulk80 wrote:
themaster408 wrote:
I swear the rules are explicit on this point, but I don't have the game in front of me. It never came up in our campaign, but I'd double check the rules.
Yeah, in mine we had only two COdA cities getting infected in April and they were both Quarantined and at the bottom of the active/infected cities part of the deck after an Epidemic reshuffle, so we won before any Faded figures got put on the board. Since the next month was Faded instead of cubes we never encountered the case where both were in a city.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Washington
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Per the rules sticker U that you place on page 13:

"Convert Adjacent Cities

If a Faded city outbreaks into any city -- even one that's a different color than the C0dA virus -- mark that city as a Faded city. This city will now produce Faded figure instead of cubes of its original disease."

So if a Faded outbreaks into a Red city that city will no longer produce Red cubes, it will make Faded instead. (Which explains why there are so many Faded city stickers and zombies.)

This is also discussed in the thread here.
https://boardgamegeek.com/article/20728597#20728597

Most of them agreed with the assessment the cubes would remain and not be converted to coda. Following along the rule that a city in base Pandemic could have 12 cubes (of 4 different colors) and not outbreak. CoDA figures are treated just like another cube, outside of all the other custom rules around them
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Folsom
United States
Wilmore
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
croloris wrote:
Per the rules sticker U that you place on page 13:

"Convert Adjacent Cities

If a Faded city outbreaks into any city -- even one that's a different color than the C0dA virus -- mark that city as a Faded city. This city will now produce Faded figure instead of cubes of its original disease."

So if a Faded outbreaks into a Red city that city will no longer produce Red cubes, it will make Faded instead. (Which explains why there are so many Faded city stickers and zombies.)

This is also discussed in the thread here.
https://boardgamegeek.com/article/20728597#20728597

Most of them agreed with the assessment the cubes would remain and not be converted to coda. Following along the rule that a city in base Pandemic could have 12 cubes (of 4 different colors) and not outbreak. CoDA figures are treated just like another cube, outside of all the other custom rules around them
Thank you, I think that cleared it up for me

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Thompson
Australia
Brisbane
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Further Question:

Spoiler (click to reveal)
Does a faded figure also count as a cube for the purposes of removing a cube? For example the Funded Event card Remote Treatment, which allows removal of 2 cubes from anywhere on the board, can this be used to remove Faded Figures? We have ruled no until we hear differently. Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathue Faulkner
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tycalt wrote:
Further Question:

Does a faded figure also count as a cube for the purposes of removing a cube? For example the Funded Event card Remote Treatment, which allows removal of 2 cubes from anywhere on the board, can this be used to remove Faded Figures? We have ruled no until we hear differently. Thanks.
I'm not sure if there has been an official answer, but the consensus on BGG seems to be no.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Folsom
United States
Wilmore
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tycalt wrote:
Further Question:

I can say with absolute certainty that cube is not faded figure. If anything addresses faded figure, it will say. For example, you gain a scare when a city outbreaks with cubes, not just when it outbreaks. So an outbreak of faded figures will not scare you (so you could get dispatcher to move you out).

Yeah, wording of cube vs faded figure are different.
Next month slight slight spoiler
very soon something will address exactly what you're asking here. Something is referred to as faded figure instead of cube

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls