Recommend
4 
 Thumb up
 Hide
79 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 

A Touch of Evil: The Supernatural Game» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: PBF #1 The Scarecrow Cometh rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard Francis
United States
Portsmouth
VA
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Tis' the dawn of the 19th century; an age of science, superstition, and witchcraft. Howling fills the night as a full moon rises over the small, secluded village of Shadowbrook. Gruesome murders have become a daily occurrence and terror haunts the streets at night. An evil creature has taken up residence here and the countryside is engulfed by a tide of darkness. But all is not lost ... not yet.

A small group of heroic individuals, with the courage and strength to fight, have arrived in town.


played by gnomoarigato
played by Paxe
played by Shadow_Tracker
played by randomlife

These heroes will use every resource at their disposal and potentially even receiving the aid of the town elders themselves as they hunt down an evil known as The Scarecrow!



----------------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome to my first ever PBF of A Touch of Evil.

We will be running just the base game this time. We will be using the advanced game tables for the villain and minions, as well as the advanced rule for collecting investigation. While I will leave the physical game up and running, the players may still want to have their copy handy in order to reference card text.

THIS WILL BE A COMPETITIVE GAME

I think we're good to go and I hope everyone has fun. Thanks for playing!

Player Notes:

1.) Please use the above banner for each of your turn posts so we know who is going at the moment.

2.) Feel free to use as much or as little roleplay in your posts. You may find it makes the game more fun to throw some in there.

3.) During your turn please make your dice rolls. During the Mystery Phase I will make rolls in order to speed things along.

4.) Try to keep up with posting so we don't have huge lag between posts.

5.) Have fun!

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Roll for first player:

First player roll 1d4 = (2) = 2

Joel Hills
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
will lead us off

2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 809190. Gnomoarigato
  • 1d4 =
  • (2) =
  • 2
  • First player roll
  • Wed Nov 4, 2015 1:11 am
Richard Francis
United States
Portsmouth
VA
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb


Currently all elders have one secret.

2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Francis
United States
Portsmouth
VA
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
TURN 1




Turn Order:

Paxe (first player)
Shadow_Tracker
randomlife
gnomoarigato

2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Hills
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb


Move to the Blacksmith

Draw Event Card

Buy the White Horse

Have servants clean and wash the horse
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 809798. Paxe
  • 1d6 =
  • (6) =
  • 6
  • Move
  • Wed Nov 4, 2015 10:45 pm
Bill Holmes
United States
Chesapeake
Virginia
flag msg tools
Brawling Brothers!
badge
Team Brandon!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb


1d6IMG -> (5) ->
= 5 [+]


Move to the Olde Woods

Draw Olde Woods Card

Ahhhh the life of a Drifter!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 809846. Shadow_Tracker
  • 1d6IMG =
  • (5) =
  • iid:2631630 = 5
  • Thu Nov 5, 2015 2:34 am
Richard Francis
United States
Portsmouth
VA
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Heinrich boldly enters The Olde Woods. Tales of the danger there does not sway him in the least. Suddenly, a pack of Timber Wolves emerge from the treeline, snarling.

the wolves attack! 1d6 = (1) = 1
the wolves attack! 1d6 = (1) = 1

Heinrich dodges the wolf attack and comes up swinging.




 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 809848. Gnomoarigato
  • 2d6 =
  • (4 + 5) =
  • 9
  • the wolves attack!
  • Thu Nov 5, 2015 2:44 am
  • [+]
  • 809849. Gnomoarigato
  • 1d6 =
  • (1) =
  • 1
  • the wolves attack!
  • Thu Nov 5, 2015 2:46 am
  • [+]
  • 809850. Gnomoarigato
  • 1d6 =
  • (1) =
  • 1
  • the wolves attack!
  • Thu Nov 5, 2015 2:46 am
  • [+]
  • 809853. Gnomoarigato
  • 1d6 =
  • (6) =
  • 6
  • Heinrich swings a stick at the wolf
  • Thu Nov 5, 2015 2:52 am
  • [+]
  • 809854. Gnomoarigato
  • 1d6 =
  • (4) =
  • 4
  • Heinrich swings a stick at the wolf!
  • Thu Nov 5, 2015 2:52 am
  • [+]
  • 809855. Gnomoarigato
  • 1d6 =
  • (3) =
  • 3
  • and punches another in the snout
  • Thu Nov 5, 2015 2:53 am
Bill Holmes
United States
Chesapeake
Virginia
flag msg tools
Brawling Brothers!
badge
Team Brandon!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb


Heinrich turns swiftly braces for the attack....

1st die 1d6img -> (1) ->
= 1 [+]

2nd die 1d6img -> (6) ->
= 6 [+]


His dagger connects and sinks into the wolf's flank it yelps in pain....
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 809851. Shadow_Tracker
  • 1d6img =
  • (1) =
  • iid:2631634 = 1
  • 1st die
  • Thu Nov 5, 2015 2:49 am
  • [+]
  • 809852. Shadow_Tracker
  • 1d6img =
  • (6) =
  • iid:2631629 = 6
  • 2nd die
  • Thu Nov 5, 2015 2:49 am
Richard Francis
United States
Portsmouth
VA
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Showing no fear, the wolves lunge again!

chomp, chomp! 1d6 = (5) = 5
snap, snap! 1d6 = (1) = 1
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 809856. Gnomoarigato
  • 1d6 =
  • (5) =
  • 5
  • chomp, chomp!
  • Thu Nov 5, 2015 2:54 am
  • [+]
  • 809857. Gnomoarigato
  • 1d6 =
  • (1) =
  • 1
  • snap, snap!
  • Thu Nov 5, 2015 2:54 am
Bill Holmes
United States
Chesapeake
Virginia
flag msg tools
Brawling Brothers!
badge
Team Brandon!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb


Heinrich grits his teeth as a wolf nips his arm.... and strikes back....

1st die 1d6img -> (2) ->
= 2 [+]

2nd die 1d6img -> (1) ->
= 1 [+]


The wolf's lucky hit throws his aim off and he misses.....
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 809858. Shadow_Tracker
  • 1d6img =
  • (2) =
  • iid:2631633 = 2
  • 1st die
  • Thu Nov 5, 2015 2:56 am
  • [+]
  • 809859. Shadow_Tracker
  • 1d6img =
  • (1) =
  • iid:2631634 = 1
  • 2nd die
  • Thu Nov 5, 2015 2:57 am
Richard Francis
United States
Portsmouth
VA
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The taste of blood drives the last wolf into frenzy and it leaps at Heinrich.

claws and teeth! 1d6 = (2) = 2
fur and fury! 1d6 = (5) = 5
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 809861. Gnomoarigato
  • 1d6 =
  • (2) =
  • 2
  • claws and teeth!
  • Thu Nov 5, 2015 2:59 am
  • [+]
  • 809862. Gnomoarigato
  • 1d6 =
  • (5) =
  • 5
  • fur and fury!
  • Thu Nov 5, 2015 3:00 am
Bill Holmes
United States
Chesapeake
Virginia
flag msg tools
Brawling Brothers!
badge
Team Brandon!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb



Damn beasts....

1d6img -> (1) ->
= 1 [+]


1d6img -> (5) ->
= 5 [+]


Sinking his dagger into the beast it falls at Heinrich's feet....
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 809863. Shadow_Tracker
  • 1d6img =
  • (1) =
  • iid:2631634 = 1
  • Thu Nov 5, 2015 3:02 am
  • [+]
  • 809864. Shadow_Tracker
  • 1d6img =
  • (5) =
  • iid:2631630 = 5
  • Thu Nov 5, 2015 3:02 am
Richard Francis
United States
Portsmouth
VA
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Gain 2 Investigation.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Holmes
United States
Chesapeake
Virginia
flag msg tools
Brawling Brothers!
badge
Team Brandon!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb


Heinrich stops and rests..... ending his turn
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David "Davy" Ashleydale
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb


Movement Roll: 1d6 = (1) = 1

I believe I get an Event card?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 810226. randomlife
  • 1d6 =
  • (1) =
  • 1
  • Thu Nov 5, 2015 5:26 pm
Richard Francis
United States
Portsmouth
VA
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
randomlife wrote:


Movement Roll: randomlife previously rolled 1d6 = (1) = 1

I believe I get an Event card?
I sent you your event card. Continue with your turn.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David "Davy" Ashleydale
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb


Quit lookin' at my damn eye!

Use Delivery ability to peek at the Secrets of Sophie, the Midwife. This is a one-time beginning of the game ability.

Move to Blacksmith and draw an Event.

Purchase an Old Map. Now my Honor is 3 instead of 2.

Tips hat to Isabella. "Sorry, no correspondences for ye today, m'lady."
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Francis
United States
Portsmouth
VA
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, work and then went and sat with my dad at the hospital while he had a procedure done, now back at work

Thomas, while at the blacksmith, asks a few sly questions about Sophie. At first the blacksmith is reluctant to speak of the midwife, but eventually he tells Thomas that Sophie is actually a Hero of the People! She is willing to aid those who seek to end the evil attacking the village.

(reveal immediately) Hero of the People: Sophie joins Thomas

With the knowledge that Sophie has joined their cause Thomas feels a Strength of Courage he never knew he had. He is ready to face whatever evil the villain may bring! Well, nearly ready.

Event: Strength of Courage (play immediately)

Before leaving the blacksmith shop, the hardened old man hands Thomas an Old Map. "Here, this may come in handy". He then turns back to his work.


 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Francis
United States
Portsmouth
VA
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb


Movement 1d6 = (3) = 3

Katarina walks down the dusty street to the blacksmith's shop. She tips her hat to a passing child and opens the door to the sound of hammer on metal.

"Might I bother you for a horse sir?"


Moved to the blacksmith, drew an event card and bought the other horse

END TURN

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 811003. Gnomoarigato
  • 1d6 =
  • (3) =
  • 3
  • Movement
  • Sat Nov 7, 2015 12:18 am
Joel Hills
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb


First turn horse for the win eh

Mystery Phase,

Draws darkness card
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David "Davy" Ashleydale
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb


Since I had forgotten that some of my Town items are from an expansion, I'll just change my turn. Instead of going to the Blacksmith, I'll go to the Church and try to train my Spirit. I'll use Sophie's Honor (5) instead of my own (2). So I get to roll 5 dice, looking for at least one 5+.

# of 5+ 5d6c[5] = (3, 6, 1, 6, 6) = 3

So that is 3 successes, although I only needed one. Thomas' Spirit goes from 3 to 4.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 811008. randomlife
  • 5d6c[5] =
  • (3, 6, 1, 6, 6) =
  • 3
  • # of 5+
  • Sat Nov 7, 2015 12:39 am
Richard Francis
United States
Portsmouth
VA
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb


Murder!

A shrill scream is heard throughout Shadowbrook. The heroes run out into the street just in time to see a teenage boy run up to his friends. "There's been a killin' at the Magistrate's Office!"

3 investigation at the Magistrate's Office, shadow track moves one space to 19, and ...

Murder of Crows? 1d6 = (6) = 6

A Murder of Crows is at the Magistrate's Office

First player token passes to Heinrich

I'll update the status for turn 2 when I get home from work.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 811011. Gnomoarigato
  • 1d6 =
  • (6) =
  • 6
  • Murder of Crows?
  • Sat Nov 7, 2015 12:48 am
Bill Holmes
United States
Chesapeake
Virginia
flag msg tools
Brawling Brothers!
badge
Team Brandon!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb


Movement 1d6img -> (1) ->
= 1 [+]


Those wolves really took a toll on me.... maybe I should slow down....


Event Card please then move to back to the crossroads....

Crossroads Die Roll 1d6img -> (3) ->
= 3 [+]


and another event card!!!

I'll await your response before ending my turn.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 811049. Shadow_Tracker
  • 1d6img =
  • (1) =
  • iid:2631634 = 1
  • Movement
  • Sat Nov 7, 2015 3:04 am
  • [+]
  • 811050. Shadow_Tracker
  • 1d6img =
  • (3) =
  • iid:2631632 = 3
  • Crossroads Die Roll
  • Sat Nov 7, 2015 3:06 am
Richard Francis
United States
Portsmouth
VA
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
TURN 2




Town Items:
Horse
Horse

Healing Herbs
Healing Herbs
Pistol
Pistol
Book of Town History
Book of Lore
Runic Amulet
Tools of Science
Charmed Relic
Padded Jacket
Musket
Torch
Torch
Silver Shot

Turn Order:
Paxe
Shadow_Tracker (first player)
randomlife
gnomoarigato


Investigation: 4
Wounds: 2/4


Investigation: 0
Wounds: 0/3
Event Cards: 1
Allies: Sophie (Elder)


Investigation: 0
Wounds: 0/4
Event Cards: 1
Items: Horse (Town)


Investigation: 0
Wounds: 0/2
Event Cards: 1
Items: Horse (Town)


2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Holmes
United States
Chesapeake
Virginia
flag msg tools
Brawling Brothers!
badge
Team Brandon!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb


Heinrich.....fearing more wolves heads back to the crossroads, once there he feels stronger somehow as if his encounter with the wolves has given him more endurance......


Heinrich plays the endurance card on himself, and keeps the other event card secret until needed.

Heinrich now can take 5 wounds vice 4.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David "Davy" Ashleydale
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb


Movement: 1d6 = (4) = 4

Move to the Magistrate's Office to fight some crows!

Crow Fight: 1d6 = (1) = 1

I take a wound.

Sophie tries to drive the crows off using her Spirit (5): 5d6c[5] = (6, 3, 1, 1, 2) = 1

1 success was all we needed, luckily. The crows are gone and I gain 3 Investigation.

That is different from the 3 Investigation tokens that are on the board? Do I now encounter the space and can I try to gain those investigation markers, too?






1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 812025. randomlife
  • 1d6 =
  • (4) =
  • 4
  • Mon Nov 9, 2015 4:22 pm
  • [+]
  • 812053. randomlife
  • 1d6 =
  • (1) =
  • 1
  • Crow Fight:
  • Mon Nov 9, 2015 5:15 pm
  • [+]
  • 812061. randomlife
  • 5d6c[5] =
  • (6, 3, 1, 1, 2) =
  • 1
  • Mon Nov 9, 2015 5:21 pm
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   |