Subject: Playing multiple characters rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Manu
China
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hi,

if I play 2 characters together due to the "free", "pair" or "Gang" icons, are both characters active, the one on top only partially covering the one below and are their values added? Is it the same for boosters?

Another Knizia success...

thx

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yannick Carriere
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Brilliant game indeed! Welcome.

Answer to you question: all cards not covered, or partially covered, in your combat and support areas are active, and their values are added.

Enjoy!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manu
China
flag msg tools
mbmb
thx for your reply.

When I play a regular character/booster (ie. by itself), the active character/booster is indeed covered though and the value is not added right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Bateson
United Kingdom
Ross-on-Wye
flag msg tools
badge
Oi! Hands off...
mbmbmbmbmb
M7N6L wrote:
thx for your reply.

When I play a regular character/booster (ie. by itself), the active character/booster is indeed covered though and the value is not added right?

Remember, if you are using Pair or Gang, that Character cards played on a previous turn are still visible, but previously played Booster cards are covered.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manu
China
flag msg tools
mbmb
I thought Pair character cards had to be played together. If they are played separately, the newest one doesn't cover the older one?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Dearlove
United Kingdom
Chelmsford
Essex
flag msg tools
SoRCon 11 23-25 Feb 2018 Basildon UK http://www.sorcon.co.uk
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ousgg wrote:
M7N6L wrote:
thx for your reply.

Remember, if you are using Pair or Gang, that Character cards played on a previous turn are still visible, but previously played Booster cards are covered.

No, that's not correct for Pair, both cards in a pair must be played in the same turn. For Gang it must be the same gang of course. (Free also must be in the same turn.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simone Callegari
Switzerland
flag msg tools
I thought you cannot use the effect of the Gang icon if you have cards in your Combat Area that do not belong to the same gang, and there are no gang boosters... So if I have, say, FunFlip with a booster on top, when I play FunFlop I would cover both FunFlip and its booster. Am I doing this wrong?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Oppedisano
United States
Eau Claire
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To clarify:

If you have a card or cards in your combat area with a gang icon and you play more cards with the matching gang icon, you can choose to leave the previous card(s) active. If it doesn't have or match the gang icon you are playing this turn then the previous card gets covered.

You are correct that if you have a booster on that previously played gang card, you can't add more matching gang cards and keep the previous card active. There can't be any other active cards in your combat area other than the one(s) with the gang icon.

This allows you to "stack" your gang icons to grow your power value. The risk of course is if your opponent retreats and you have to discard your combat cards you would lose one or some of your matching gang cards.

For regular cards, when you play new cards into your combat area they cover any previously played combat and booster cards.

Don't forget that some cards can be retrieved at the start of your turn. So you could play a booster with the retrieve icon. Then bring it back to your hand, play new combat cards and re-play the booster.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.