Hide
5 Posts

Small World» Forums » Rules

Subject: Can you attack from 2 different borderlines that is not adjacent? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christian Haddad
msg tools
1 fast question : Can you attack from 2 different borderlines that is not adjacent?

New to the game and i understand it and the rules says that u need to go through the borders to attack but it dont say if you can attack through different borders that is not adjacent at the same time?

Thx in advance

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan Booth
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
At the beginning of your turn you pick up all of your extra race tokens leaving one in each territory you want to retain. When you attack you need to have at least one territory adjacent to your target. You then put as many race tokens in the target area as needed. It does not matter which area(s) these tokens used for attack were at the beginning of your turn/last turn, once you pick them up all race tokens are available to be used against any legal target.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerbear
United States
Loveland
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
1 Million Shogoths Killed and Counting.
mbmbmbmbmb
To further clarify. You cannot attack two separate borders. Once you have a place on the board you have to attack an adjacent place.

The above poster is talking about the little used rule that allows you to remove all of your pieces at the beginning of a turn and then re -attack. BUT you still can't use this to attack unattached places because again once you have a region taken you have to attack next to it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Haddad
msg tools
thx, i appreciate it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T Q
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure I understand the OP...

You have to be adjacent to the area you're attacking after you make your first conquest (barring any special abilities). You conquer a region one at a time that's adjacent to one of your occupied regions after that.

That being said, it is possible to occupy non-adjacent regions, whether through having your race conquered or by you abandoning regions.

What I mean is, if you have 3 regions in a row and wanted to abandon the "middle" region, you would occupy 2 regions that are no longer adjacent, therefore you could begin conquering from 2 different fronts.

Here's a linear example. B for blank region, 0 for occupied region.

B B 0 0 0 B B You abandon the middle region

B B 0 B 0 B B And now you can attack on 2 non adjacent fronts, only one at a time(assuming you have enough race tokens of course)...

B 0 0 B 0 0 B

You're allowed to abandon "some or all" regions you occupy, so you could have multiple little pods of your guys all over the place. This is a crucial strategy for any race/ability that gets +1 victory coin for occupying a particular region.

All that being said, I'm not sure if I addressed your question?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls