Popular Tags: [View All]
Bill Springer
Canada
Barrie
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Can I double my double card? I had the "repeat" (1x double) with an attack value of 2 and no other card to double. Cans I double this card?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Randy Weston - The Spirits of Our Ancestors
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Killspringer wrote:
Can I double my double card? I had the "repeat" (1x double) with an attack value of 2 and no other card to double. Cans I double this card?

No can do. See the rule for 1x double on page 10, where it explicitly addresses your question: "If you have multiple copies of this ability, you must use them on different fighting cards, this ability is not cumulative!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Quallen
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
While Sphere is correct, I think what Bill wants to know is can he double the double card itself. This is also explicitly stated:

"You can double the fighting points of 1 of the other face up fighting cards."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Radosław Michalak
Poland
Bytom
flag msg tools
Gaming is for having fun. Fun requires clear rules.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SSJGQ wrote:
While Sphere is correct, I think what Bill wants to know is can he double the double card itself. This is also explicitly stated:

And in this case, Copy can take double ability and double Double card, because it's the other card for a Copy card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark L
United Kingdom
Belfast
Northern Ireland
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Radziol wrote:
SSJGQ wrote:

And in this case, Copy can take double ability and double Double card, because it's the other card for a Copy card.

I don't see anywhere in the OP that he mentions the "copy" card. As I read it, he's asking whether you can use the "double" card to double itself.

And as Sean said, the answer to that is no. The double card doubles one of the other fighting cards.

Edit: but of course, if there's a "copy" card and a "double" card, what you said is true!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Quallen
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Radziol wrote:
SSJGQ wrote:

I don't think this is correct. However, the OP question has been answered and I don't wish to hijack this thread. Let's discuss this over in this thread.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Springer
Canada
Barrie
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
SSJGQ wrote:

Thanks that was what I was asking
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.