Popular Tags: [View All]
Jordan Elton
United States
Culpeper
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Heroscape has quite a bit in common with Norse Mythology. For one thing, Valhalla is like the Norse Mytholgy heaven, where all the dead warriors went after they died in battle. Valkyries were these god-like warrior women who brought the dead to Valhalla and proteced the gods. Nifheim was the name of the world of Ice, or their Hell, and Jotun was a troll or giant.
If anyone knows anything else about Heroscape and Norse Mythology, I would be very interested in hearing it, so please post it in this thread.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chris boustead

Colorado
msg tools
I share your interest in Norse mythology (I named my second son "Loki" in fact). As you might imagine, there are countless sources for educating oneself in Norse mythology (books, films, etc.) but prob the easiest way to start would be to browse wikipedia online first.

With respect to Heroscape, I stray a bit from classical Norse myth, and tell my boys that Valhalla is essentially heaven for the greatest warriors throughout time (thus the variety of warrior types). And of course, eternal paradise for such warriors means waking up each day to a brand new tactical challenge where your allies one day might be your enemies the next. Warriors destroyed in battle, rise again to fight the next day, while those that survive gain the rights to brag at least, until they fall again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.