Popular Tags: [View All]
Kurt Mitchell
United States
Fairfax
VA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was under the impression that FFG did not have the rights to Star Wars board games, hence why IA is listed as a miniatures game. It appears that even FFG is classifying this specifically as a board game. Any insight into the possible change?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Carter
United States
Marion
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's probably like IA where they have to go through Hasbro for the distribution. That's why IA is hard to buy in Australia.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duncan Idaho
United States
River Vale
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Any information here will be speculation.

My speculation? FFG is making a ton of money, so Disney exerted some pressure to get Hasbro to free up some space in the licensing agreement to let FFG make even more money.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Thornton
Australia
Newcastle
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mlcarter815 wrote:
It's probably like IA where they have to go through Hasbro for the distribution. That's why IA is hard to buy in Australia.
It is? I've had my copy for ages. Purchased from an Australian store. Just got back from PAX and there were copies everywhere.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stef Robert
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
170 miniatures in this game, they might have use the miniature gaming license, even if it is not a real miniature game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
Idaho11 wrote:
Any information here will be speculation.

My speculation? FFG is making a ton of money, so Disney exerted some pressure to get Hasbro to free up some space in the licensing agreement to let FFG make even more money.
This would be my guess as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elias Katsavrias
Greece
Athens
New Psichiko
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
At the box of the new core set of the X Wing, they have also the logo of Disney printed on it. So they must have made some kind of agreement.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Reynolds
United States
Vermontville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They make no attempt to call this anything other than a "board game" so they've obviously worked out some kind of agreement with Disney and/or Hasbro to be able to get past the previous board game licensing problem.

This is a great thing, as far as I'm concerned.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duncan Idaho
United States
River Vale
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oranje25 wrote:
At the box of the new core set of the X Wing, they have also the logo of Disney printed on it. So they must have made some kind of agreement.
They've always had an agreement. Disney owns Star Wars. Anyone releasing Star Wars stuff has to sign with Disney.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Carter
United States
Marion
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Benzy311 wrote:
mlcarter815 wrote:
It is? I've had my copy for ages. Purchased from an Australian store. Just got back from PAX and there were copies everywhere.
It certainly was when IA first launched. They must have opened new distribution channels.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls