Donald Dennis
United States
Pawleys Island
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Microbadge: On Board Games fanMicrobadge: PodcasterMicrobadge: Twitter userMicrobadge: XCOM 2 fanMicrobadge: Fast Forward series fan
I'd like to record some segments for the Games in Schools and Libraries podcast at BGG Con. If you know any teachers or librarians who would be interested in joining me to record, let me know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Hill
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What about former educators or husbands of soon-to-be librarians? laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
www.punchboardmedia.com/geaux-gaming/
badge
Microbadge: Level 17 BGG posterMicrobadge: Louisiana State UniversityMicrobadge: Low Player Count: a podcast about games for 1-2 playersMicrobadge: The Colonists (Die Kolonisten) fanMicrobadge: Musician
Teacher, reporting for duty.

Hi, Travis.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald Dennis
United States
Pawleys Island
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Microbadge: On Board Games fanMicrobadge: PodcasterMicrobadge: Twitter userMicrobadge: XCOM 2 fanMicrobadge: Fast Forward series fan
You don't need to actually be a teacher or librarians. Anyone who has something of substance that teachers or librarians would benefit from hearing are welcome.

If you have something specific you'd like to talk about geekmail me with the details.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Katie Venetsky
United States
Louisiana
flag msg tools
I'm technically not a teacher - a counselor with 5+ years of working within the educational/non-profit sector. Do I count?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Hill
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Walsfeo wrote:
You don't need to actually be a teacher or librarians. Anyone who has something of substance that teachers or librarians would benefit from hearing are welcome.

If you have something specific you'd like to talk about geekmail me with the details.
I think the better question might be if there is anything specifically you would like us to talk about.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kymmie Meeple
United States
Houston
TX
flag msg tools
badge
... May you find hearts full of Meeples
Microbadge: Werewolf fanMicrobadge: Pumpkin loverMicrobadge: 2018 VGG Halloween Avatar Dress Up ParticipantMicrobadge: If I were tiny just like you, I'd creep among the flowers too! - Maria FlemingMicrobadge: R&R Games "Plunder" Contest participant
Do Homeschoolers count?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald Dennis
United States
Pawleys Island
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
1 Family Meeple wrote:
Do Homeschoolers count?
Sure!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald Dennis
United States
Pawleys Island
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
travisdhill wrote:
Walsfeo wrote:

I think the better question might be if there is anything specifically you would like us to talk about.

If I come up with a topic I know needs covering I can probably find someone to talk about it.

For BGG con I'd rather people come to me with ideas I haven't thought about

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mason Weaver
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
fivebygames.com
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Walsfeo wrote:
travisdhill wrote:
Walsfeo wrote:

If I come up with a topic I know needs covering I can probably find someone to talk about it.

For BGG con I'd rather people come to me with ideas I haven't thought about
I'm an organic garden educator focused on fresh food engagement for low income elementary students. We use a bunch of simple party games in our after school programs to learn about fruits and veggies. I have some awesome success sites and some miserable failures to share of you're interested.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald Dennis
United States
Pawleys Island
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
breakfastcore wrote:

I'm an organic garden educator focused on fresh food engagement for low income elementary students. We use a bunch of simple party games in our after school programs to learn about fruits and veggies. I have some awesome success sites and some miserable failures to share of you're interested.
absolutely. When would be good?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Venable
United States
Glendale
California
flag msg tools
admin
Literally, "Game Voice." Voice actor for video games!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife could help out. Look for KatyLou.

Trust me, she'll eat this up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Webb
United States
North Little Rock
Arkansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got a middle school game club with 10-16 students each year, only meets once every two weeks though. Play games set in antiquity, or homemade versions of popular ones I've rethemed as ancient.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Andrews
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
OCD with the Letters in the Right Order!
badge
Squirrel Chaser
mbmbmbmbmb
Teleklos wrote:
I've got a middle school game club with 10-16 students each year, only meets once every two weeks though. Play games set in antiquity, or homemade versions of popular ones I've rethemed as ancient.
You probably wouldn't have enough time, but Mega Civilization would be quite cool for that concept.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kathleen Mercury
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Please check out my student game design Geeklists! You rock!
Microbadge: Mercury - hellhole of the solar systemMicrobadge: Are the cones a metaphor? Well, yes and no.Microbadge: RPG Geek of the Week!Microbadge: Chaotic NeutralMicrobadge: Game Teacher
Hey Donald, let me know if I can help (again). :)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald Dennis
United States
Pawleys Island
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
This morning I'm recording with some game companies, but if anyone would like to record this afternoon or Saturday please let me know. I am on kik as walsfeo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Oliver
United States
Argyle
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Crap, sorry I missed this. My wife is a librarian, and has run some games in her library before we moved down to Texas. We were at BGG.CON Sat and Sun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A quick THANK YOU to the teachers and librarians. You guys were incredibly helpful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kathleen Mercury
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Please check out my student game design Geeklists! You rock!
Microbadge: Mercury - hellhole of the solar systemMicrobadge: Are the cones a metaphor? Well, yes and no.Microbadge: RPG Geek of the Week!Microbadge: Chaotic NeutralMicrobadge: Game Teacher
Darn it, sorry to miss meeting you. Next time!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls