pnp fanatic
msg tools
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1617682136/?tag=article-boa...

Maybe for the last time(?)

Get'em while their HOT
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Guigliano
United States
East Syracuse
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Microbadge: Where does he get all those wonderful toys?Microbadge: Where does he get all those wonderful toys?Microbadge: Batman: The Animated Series fanMicrobadge: Where does he get all those wonderful toys?Microbadge: Where does he get all those wonderful toys?
Thanks for this. Picked up Two Towers, Return of the King, The Hobbit, and the Hobbit expansion (already have Fellowship), for $50 shipped. The Hobbit exp was $17, but still...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pnp fanatic
msg tools
Yeah, I noticed that Hobbit expansion pricing. I grabbed the LoTR stuff last time around ($11.99? I think...not complaining, perfect for my purposes) and would have finished off with The Hobbit but figured I'd wait and see what happens with the expansion. I don't think they printed as many of it so it may stay stable...have to see.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cliff Roberts
United States
Lakeland
Tennessee
flag msg tools
Microbadge: I play games with my relativesMicrobadge: I Love the Star Realms League on BGGMicrobadge: Ice Cream lover - Häagen-DazsMicrobadge: Chick-Fil-A fanMicrobadge: I love Tennessee - The Volunteer State!
Thanks for the heads up. Grabbed Two Towers and Return of the King. Wifey loves the first one and has talked about playing the others. I would have added The Hobbit as well, but figured this would do for now.

[edit: 2 minutes later...]
Ok, so I caved and bought The Hobbit and the Smaug Expansion too. What can I say? I love my wife! (And any excuse to buy games out of LOVE? Yeah, I'm all over that.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Wiser
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
Microbadge: 5 Year Geek VeteranMicrobadge: Level 03 BGG posterMicrobadge: Silver Board Game CollectorMicrobadge: Z-Man Games/Plaid Hat Games "Tail Feathers" Contest participantMicrobadge: Modiphius Entertainment "Thunderbirds" Contest participant
Thank you for sharing this awesome find. My gaming group and I greatly enjoy the Cryptozoic line of deck building games and I have had my eye on this series for a while now. At the $10.99 asking price this is to good to pass up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
At 9am LOTR: Two Towers will be a lightning deal so it might even go cheaper.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Kolb
United States
Highland Park
NJ
flag msg tools
Microbadge: I love Israel!Microbadge: Tolkien fanMicrobadge: "Make It So!" - Captain Jean Luc PicardMicrobadge: Game of Thrones fan - Tyrion LannisterMicrobadge: I keep a kosher household
I picked this (all of them) up a couple of sales ago for the same price. I love the game, but the Desolation of Smaug expansion makes references to the Five Armies expansion. When is Cryptozoic releasing the Five Armies expansion. I would totally pre-order it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Lurker
msg tools
Microbadge: Level 05 BGG posterMicrobadge: Silver Board Game CollectorMicrobadge: Geek Regular
wordoftheoracle wrote:
I picked this (all of them) up a couple of sales ago for the same price. I love the game, but the Desolation of Smaug expansion makes references to the Five Armies expansion. When is Cryptozoic releasing the Five Armies expansion. I would totally pre-order it!
They have publicly said that there will be no Five Armies expansion.

Link to relevant BGG thread

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Kolb
United States
Highland Park
NJ
flag msg tools
Microbadge: I love Israel!Microbadge: Tolkien fanMicrobadge: "Make It So!" - Captain Jean Luc PicardMicrobadge: Game of Thrones fan - Tyrion LannisterMicrobadge: I keep a kosher household
Bgg_Lurker wrote:
wordoftheoracle wrote:
They have publicly said that there will be no Five Armies expansion.

Link to relevant BGG thread
This makes me sad.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Heilman
United States
Denver
CO
flag msg tools
FrankNBeans13 wrote:
At 9am LOTR: Two Towers will be a lightning deal so it might even go cheaper.
61 cents off!

What a steal!

whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh B
United States
NYC
New York
flag msg tools
Microbadge: It's a trap!Microbadge: Silver Board Game CollectorMicrobadge: 5 Year Geek Veteran
Thanks, picked up the ding and dent copy of the Fellowship set for $4.xx (after using my $5 gift card I got for downloading the Amazon iPad app the other day)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy R
United States
Germantown
Ohio
flag msg tools
Nothing but the rain.
badge
Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends dimensions of time and space.
Microbadge: Indianapolis Colts fanMicrobadge: Parent of One GirlMicrobadge: D&D fan (5th edition)Microbadge: Miniature PainterMicrobadge: The Secret Cabal Gaming Podcast fan
Thanks for the heads up, picked up all the original ones, skipped on the Hobbit this time (just didn't like the movies as much overall as the originals). I'll have to plan a LOTR day now to watch all the extended editions and play the various LOTR games I own.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pnp fanatic
msg tools
Thanks for the news on the last expansion. I thought I had heard that somewhere. Glad I held off.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls