Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Damian
United States
Enfield
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Joe Ganim was the five time mayor of Bridgeport until he was convicted on a pile of Federal corruption charges in 2003, all based on extortion and kickbacks from city contractors to the tune of a half million dollars.

Well he did his time, seven years, and was also disbarred. He was relased from prison in 2010 and this year he ran for mayor again - of the city he shook down - and won. There's also some vitriol directed at the Secretary of State by the other Democrats over not allowing them on the ballot as third parties.

http://fox61.com/2015/11/03/former-mayor-and-ex-con-joe-gani...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Badolato
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was born and raised in Bridgeport. My father still lived there until a few years ago. I remember the Ganim days. I would have preferred someone else be mayor, but the vote is what it is. Having gone through jail already however, I don think he would be as susceptible to corruption as he once was.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Koldfoot wrote:
Perhaps now you have some insight what the rest of the world will say if Hillary gets elected.
Well as a member of the rest of the world I would say.

Shock news at 6, politics is a bent as a butchers hook.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mutton Chops
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
Yes, this is my face. Part of it, anyway.
Microbadge: You've been CakedMicrobadge: MusicianMicrobadge: AtheistMicrobadge: ComposerMicrobadge: 200 yahoo boots f*** yahoo messenger how's want boots
slatersteven wrote:
Koldfoot wrote:
Perhaps now you have some insight what the rest of the world will say if Hillary gets elected.

And I suspect that many Europeans (of those that bother with US politics) would see Hilary Clinton as the far lesser of two evils...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mutton_chops wrote:
slatersteven wrote:
Koldfoot wrote:

And I suspect that many Europeans (of those that bother with US politics) would see Hilary Clinton as the far lesser of two evils...
When your choice is A crook or B a crook, yep you will pick the crook least likely to kick you in the knackers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls