Popular Tags: [View All]
Gian Carlo Ceccoli
San Marino
Dogana, Repubblica San Marino
Repubblica San Marino
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yet another game of Churchill, another confirmation that it is a great game!
I managed to win with Stalin, after vare won the previous game with Churchill And now............. I left for me to play Roosevelt and win !!!!! ......................

Great game, I repeat. Many strategies to face it; absolutely asymmetric victory conditions for each player.
The cards of the staff of each "Great" are then binding: the attributes of each character, in fact, "force" the player to make certain choices you want to the issues you want for the debates on them.

Churchill it thought was pretty easy to win the Agenda plus 3/4 conference. I managed to get many points in the first conference and then "slow" in the final to handle the difference of the famous 15 PV

Stalin is a little of everything more difficult; actually this character is an opponent for both Roosevelt and Churchill both! The fundamental use of "niet" and spying on the A-bomb. In this case, my victory was also determined by the final actions of the English player who has "blocked" the US.

Now it remains Roosevelt ..................whistle

Great game; Congratulations to Herman and GMT
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
trevor wolf

Missouri
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good to hear there is a good balance. This game is definitely on my radar I'm just concerned about balance, early reports have leaned toward Churchill

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron A
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bigGameGeek wrote:
...I'm just concerned about balance, early reports have leaned toward Churchill
I think it is much more about 3 power politics than one side having some sort of absolute advantage.

Just yesterday, playing training scenario, Russians win first conference because USA and UK (me) were bickering. The Reds ALMOST broke through to Berlin (60% chance). Uncle Joe was ahead on points. That woke us up and in the 2nd conference we made sure the Soviets Got Nothing. Now Truman (FDR kicked bucket) is in charge and Winnie and Uncle Joe have sworn undying friendship--mainly because we are 12 and 13 points BEHIND the USA.

OK, OK, sample size = 1 and playing training scenario further skews results, but my point is the same-- the players make or break the game-- not the inherent strengths/weaknesses of each power.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls