Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Filip Makówka
Poland
Lublin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi folks!
I fall in love with Mogul. It's a gem! Love the mechanics, love the subtle interaction, love the tension. Unfortunately I don't have a lot of chances to play it with more players.
My wife likes Mogul too, so maybe if you guys have any idea for playing it with 2 players it could be played more often?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Cog
msg tools
Try this - set up the two players as in a 3 player game.Deal out five random cards to the side of the table, these represent shares of stocks outstanding that are used for counting totals when one of the two players sells shares. These are never removed.
Each player at the start will also randomly write down on a piece of paper any number, 0-3. they then secretly grab that many additional chips form the bag and add them to their hand ( this is done because with only two players you know by simple math how many betting chips the other player has in their hand, this adds some unknown ). At the games end when scoring each player turns over their piece of paper and deducts $2 for each chip they added at the start from their. Score.
The only other change is that when the starting player from each round turns over the top card from the stock pile, that card is added to the already existing non-players card stack ( the original 5 dealt out ), this stack will grow over the course of the game with their sole intent is to add to the share on the market. After this card is turned over the next is turned over with play proceeding as normal --- pay dividends on this stock then bid on the card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.