6 Posts

Thunderstone: Starter Set» Forums » General

Subject: Ziplock-bags? For What? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Johannes
msg tools
Hey Everybody,
I recently got a copy of the Thunderstone Advance Starter Set (German Edition) and to my surprise I found a bundle of ziplock-bags in it. 10 medium sized bags... But what for? I don't see any point in putting the cards in them, as they wouldn't fit all in those ten bags, also the bigger card-dividers are to big for the bags.
What is their intendet purpose? The game has no tokens or coins (which i hurtfully miss). Are they supposed to hold the tokens I add to the game? That would be kind of absurd.

Any Ideas?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jooice ZP
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't know,
But you should get yourself some kind of token to use as experience tokens.
I didn't realize this set didn't supply them, but really any token would work.
If you can get 6 different colors you can adapt the cypher abilities from the Numenera/Into the Abyss sets.

However you would still only need 1 bag.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dana Olson
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jooice wrote:
Don't know,
But you should get yourself some kind of token to use as experience tokens.
I didn't realize this set didn't supply them, but really any token would work.
If you can get 6 different colors you can adapt the cypher abilities from the Numenera/Into the Abyss sets.

However you would still only need 1 bag.

I just got this game. How many tokens do I need to add?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W. Cracker
United States
Olmsted Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
What a cool guy!
badge
Never rub another man's rhubarb.
mbmbmbmbmb
Excuse me, but where are you guys getting this game for less than $100??? I have plenty of Ziplock bags but no Thunderstone Advancecry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dana Olson
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MrMzchf wrote:
Excuse me, but where are you guys getting this game for less than $100??? I have plenty of Ziplock bags but no Thunderstone Advancecry

I bought it on a whim yesterday, when I found it at a local shop for $16 CAD (that's like, a nickel in your money).

They didn't have any other copies of it, or I'd go grab more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W. Cracker
United States
Olmsted Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
What a cool guy!
badge
Never rub another man's rhubarb.
mbmbmbmbmb
danaolson wrote:
MrMzchf wrote:

I bought it on a whim yesterday, when I found it at a local shop for $16 CAD (that's like, a nickel in your money).

They didn't have any other copies of it, or I'd go grab more.

If they did have more I'd send you a roll of nickels and my address and enough left over for you & me to make a killing on EBay

Sad but true, even with the extra shipping, Canada's been a board game gold mine in the states lately. I'm not rubbing it in because all that can change in a heartbeat these days. If you find another copy at a FLGS, drop me a line and I'll pay you in U.S. You can turn the profit around and put a down payment on a house

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.