Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Mendez-Bonito Magniez
Spain
Oviedo
Asturias
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello, I want to buy one of the Ventonuovo Games. What´s the more significant diferences between each game?. Thank you!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Filip Labarque
Belgium
Kortrijk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, the topic to start with.

They both use the same game system, so once you learn one you'll be up and running with the other one very fast.
Some more things about the basic system are better explained in the 1914 rules, IMHO. And the layout of the rules is improved.

They both contain leaders which you need to activate in order to move their respective units and both games have an initiative disc that allows players to perform some events. These events have been expanded a lot for 1914. Now there is a lot more incentive to use the disc. But be aware, once you use it, it goes to your opponent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim O'Neill (Established 1949)
Scotland
Motherwell
Graduate of Barlinnie
flag msg tools
VENI, VIDI, VISA - my reaction on entering my FLGS.
badge
Like a good red wine, I improve with age... and being laid.
mbmbmbmbmb
danielbonito wrote:
Hello, I want to buy one of the Ventonuovo Games.

Dear Daniel,

Oh dearie, dearie, me... The obvious answer is to buy both.

However, after looking at the games that you already own, I would respectfully suggest that you buy Waterloo 200 as it may at some time in the near future go out of print. Then if you enjoy that one, and I think you will, you can go on to purchase 1914: Germany at War.

Whatever you decide, you will not be disappointed.

With warmest regards,

Jim

Est. 1949

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.