Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Tudor
United Kingdom
Malvern
Worcestershire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We played the Asylum last night and got to the third run. Here it tells you to carry on with the run after hitting 0 but reset the TU counter to the maximum amount.

But what happens if you hit zero again?

Do we keep on resetting? Do we fail the mission if we hit 0 TU?

Also there are now two Mission Failed cards and I'm not sure what cause the mission to fail except for all players dying, and if so which card we take?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Nathan
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: I attended T5Microbadge: I love trick-taking gamesMicrobadge: Cincinnati OH, January 2020
Wahoffelmadenga wrote:
We played the Asylum last night and got to the third run. Here it tells you to carry on with the run after hitting 0 but reset the TU counter to the maximum amount.

But what happens if you hit zero again?

Do we keep on resetting? Do we fail the mission if we hit 0 TU?

Also there are now two Mission Failed cards and I'm not sure what cause the mission to fail except for all players dying, and if so which card we take?
Just keep going around the time track. You'll be explicitly instructed if you need to use the other two cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich P
United Kingdom
Sheffield
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I didn't know what to do with my UberBadge, so I left it as a GeekBadge.
badge
Planning...
Microbadge: GameChat League - Phoenix Division: "Like a phoenix rising from the ashes..."Microbadge: A Study in Emerald fanMicrobadge: Built to Spill fanMicrobadge: Age of Steam fanMicrobadge: The 7th Continent
Wahoffelmadenga wrote:
Try not to die on the 3rd run. The scenario has no provision for that happening, as we found out. shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rico Melchert
Sweden
Örebro
Sverige
flag msg tools
http://www.Spelpojken.se
badge
Proud member of EoN: Everything or Nothing a game group of friends.
mbmbmbmbmb
Same here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jens Hoppe
Denmark
Frederiksberg
flag msg tools
The current moderation is unfair and one-sided...
badge
... So I am not supporting BGG in 2019
mbmbmbmbmb
woodnoggin wrote:
Wahoffelmadenga wrote:
Try not to die on the 3rd run. The scenario has no provision for that happening, as we found out. shake
Exactly, that happened to us too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodney Smith
Canada
Montague
Prince Edward Island
flag msg tools
badge
Join us to learn and watch games played at youtube.com/watchitplayed
mbmbmbmbmb
jens_hoppe wrote:
woodnoggin wrote:
Wahoffelmadenga wrote:
Exactly, that happened to us too.
Same here. An oversight not to include instructions on what to do in this case.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
devin ott
msg tools
mbmb
So keep going around the track check. If all receptacles die on 3rd run st same time then it's a loss?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Tudor
United Kingdom
Malvern
Worcestershire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So I have since completed this scenario, and yes it seems that you keep going round and round the TU track until you finish and achieve the correct completion state. However, as a few people have pointed out there is no rules for what happens if all characters died.

Asylum Spoiler
Spoiler (click to reveal)
with most of the combat in the Asylum happening towards the end of the scenario I was surprised there wasn't a contingency for this

Marcy Case spoiler
Spoiler (click to reveal)
I was rather disappointed by the lack of explanation at the end of the Asylum but one of the statements at the end of the Marcy case makes me think they could be joined into one larger mystery, I certainly hope so
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls