Kim Lindblom
msg tools
I don't have the quest book in front of me, so I apologize if any of these questions is already answered in the quest rules.

1. A figure is not allowed to do a second move action while carrying an villager. Can a figure spend both actions to "double move" before picking up a villager? Can the overlord card Dash be played on a monster carrying the villager, or does it still qualify as a "second move action"?

2. Can hero familiars pick up the villagers?

3. Whenever a figure carrying a villager is hurt, it has a chance to drop the villager. But can a figure drop the villager willingly? I seem to recall there was a general rule for dropping objective tokens by using an action, but these are villager tokens.

4. From what I understand, if you summon the Flock of Ravens when it's already on the board, it's moved to it's new location but keeps any damage and conditions. If the raven is carrying an villager, would it also be kept? There are tons of quests where monsters carry things, has this come up before?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have to check the quest sheet on the other 3, but where did you read that about the ravens? By ny understanding, just like a familiar, when summoned it is a brand new raven flock.

1) Dash would count as another move action, but I don't see any reason (other than trying to hold to the spirit of the rules) that you couldn't take 2 move actions (whether or not one of those is from a dash) and then pick up the apostate on the way.

2) No. A familiar is not a hero or a monster in the context of quest rules.

3) There are rules about dropping objective tokens, but not villagers. You cannot willingly drop villagers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kim Lindblom
msg tools
I got the raven info from here:

https://community.fantasyflightgames.com/topic/123220-very-s...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Drakim wrote:
Thanks- I don't think keeping the cards constitutes it being "the same raven flock," I think it just means that it never went through the trigger of being "defeated," so the cards don't get discarded. That is, I don't think the ruling on the cards extends to things like wound and conditions (or objective tokens.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Kolodji
United States
Laporte
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmb
I agree with the first 2 answers. However we played that quest and a figure was able to use an action to drop a villager. Villagers are objective tokens in this quest, there shouldn't be any distinction since they are not treated as figures and the objective. The base rules on p. 15 say to take an action to drop. This quest doesn't have any rules countering that, only the rule about picking up tokens for free.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"Objective token" literally means the tokens with question marks on one side and a color on the other. Villager tokens are decidedly not those.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Kolodji
United States
Laporte
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmb
Since it's defined that way, villagers tokens are subject just to the rules of that quest. I just went along with how another player retold how he did the quest. I guess we were both wrong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls