GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,283 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
20 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
2 Posts

Space Dealer» Forums » Rules

Subject: Movement of ships rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Cain
United States
Tacoma
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
The Evil-Do That I Do-Do
mbmbmbmbmb
I played this once already but I am still unsure as to how the movement of the ships actually works. Does it take one sand timer to get to each planet in the circle, or are you at your destination planet as soon as the timer is through? Another words, does it take thirty seconds to go from each planet that is between your planet and your destination? Or does it take thirty seconds to go from your home planet to your destination planet?

For example, if the red player loads up their ship and sets off for the green planet to make a delivery does it take four timers to run through to be on the planet, or just one?

I do understand that an empty ship arrives at it's destination in one timer, but is that also true for a ship with goods on it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Blum
United States
Wilmington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Unless the English rules have a major error in them, a ship with goods on it goes one planet per timer, so in your example it would take the red ship 4 timers to get to the green planet. This is one reason the trade probe (or whatever it's called) is useful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.