Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Felix Wagner
Germany
Hamburg
Hamburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I finally found the time to assembled the second model I had lying around.

This is my first thread: [geekurl=https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1460734/alien-queen-assembly-also-prodos-being-helpful]assembling the Alien Queen[/geekurl]

This time it is the Predalien. Probably a lot less spectacular. It's a more or less regular sized alien model but with Pred Dreads(tm)!

This is what's in the box:

A lot less difficult flash to be removed here. Again, most of it was one the joints but these are easier to shape than with the queen.
As you can see there's a (useless) slot in the base. It appears to me that these have been randomly scattered throughout the material. Some minis come with whole bases, some with those. Because the minis to not feature any kind of bar that would fit into the base, having a slot not only is useless but to have to do something about it. But, like the queen, I used a custom base anyway.

Everything fits very nicely after cutting away excess material. As with the queen, I decided to use bolts for the tail and the feet:

As with the queen, there's no room for customisation. Everything pretty much only fits in one way:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gary gee
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Welcome to the Dream, Hunter!Microbadge: Folklore fanMicrobadge: Gloomhaven fanMicrobadge: Dark Souls: The Board Game fanMicrobadge: Geek Regular
ordered this and a pack of warriors nearly 3 weeks ago.order was processed next day but still waiting for them.2 small packs taking so long ridiculous.
I contacted them last week they told me they would be out by last Friday at the latest still nothing from them

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rod Mitchell
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tootz wrote:
ordered this and a pack of warriors nearly 3 weeks ago.order was processed next day but still waiting for them.2 small packs taking so long ridiculous.
I contacted them last week they told me they would be out by last Friday at the latest still nothing from them
Sorry to say, but its hard to feel bad for you. You've been waiting three weeks for a couple of add-ons, but you got your store bought copy of the game at least a couple of months ago. Most of the ks backers have yet to recieve ANYTHING at all. Try waiting over a year and a half and still not even have any kind of idea when we will get our stuff. Perspective. You are certainly entitled to your opinion / feelings, however do try to consider others as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gary gee
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Welcome to the Dream, Hunter!Microbadge: Folklore fanMicrobadge: Gloomhaven fanMicrobadge: Dark Souls: The Board Game fanMicrobadge: Geek Regular
Grumpae wrote:
tootz wrote:
Sorry to say, but its hard to feel bad for you. You've been waiting three weeks for a couple of add-ons, but you got your store bought copy of the game at least a couple of months ago. Most of the ks backers have yet to recieve ANYTHING at all. Try waiting over a year and a half and still not even have any kind of idea when we will get our stuff. Perspective. You are certainly entitled to your opinion / feelings, however do try to consider others as well.
Hi,Rod.

I know and have said on many occasions how badly the KS went for the guys who backed it.and being a KS backer of a few games [I just missed out on this] thankfully.but,i think its wrong that guys who have already received the game get hit upon because they have received it.and it shouldn't stop us talking about other things connected to the game with full humility for you guys who have still to get your KS things

hope things get sorted for you soon Rod
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rod Mitchell
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gary,

You're right, and I appologize. You should, and do have every right to comment on anything you choose. My frustration was mis-directed. It is not your fault that Prodos choose to do business in the way that they do, and I should not have taken that admittedly cheap shot. Cheers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gary gee
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Grumpae wrote:
Gary,

You're right, and I appologize. You should, and do have every right to comment on anything you choose. My frustration was mis-directed. It is not your fault that Prodos choose to do business in the way that they do, and I should not have taken that admittedly cheap shot. Cheers.
no problems rod.

thanks for getting back on this.nice to get a decent reply.and I totally agree with the shoddy way prodos have handled the whole thing. should be "gods law"backers get theirs first.without the backers theres no game...simple
Prodos have a great product but just a complete car crash getting it all organised and out

good luck to all you guys who are still waiting
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Rose
United States
Aiken
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How can you call it a 'great product' when you claim in multiple threads you don;t even use their rules? The game can't be 'great' if the rules are so bad you would rather use a free set...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gary gee
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
jakecarol wrote:
How can you call it a 'great product' when you claim in multiple threads you don;t even use their rules? The game can't be 'great' if the rules are so bad you would rather use a free set...

Hi,Jake.

easy I play it solo..and the rules I refer to can be easily played solo..it still doesn't take away from the fact that the actual game itself is good the figures are the best ive ever seen in a boardgame.the tiles are good [although some disagree].the quality of the parts are good.thats what I was saying

I have used the rules but very little as they are strongly 2 player plus..although it does have a weak solo set its not really good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls