Nick Stables
Australia
Lawson
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
...how much does it differ from the previous Swagman's Hope printing?

Cheers
Nick

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Booth
United Kingdom
Bicester
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're referring to the line, "Swagman's Hope expansion with new board" from the 2014 Kickstarter page, this just means that the expansion contains a board that is not in the base game, not that the 2014 reprint includes an updated Swagman's Hope board.

If that's not what you meant, can you let me know where you've seen this, as I'm not aware that there has been a reprint of any part of Swagman's Hope.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Stables
Australia
Lawson
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes I was referring to that particular line, so from my understanding of your comment 'expansion contains a board not in the base game' there is an additional new board, besides base game board and Australia? (Glad to hear there was no update to the Swagman's Hope board).
Sorry if I'm not grasping the meaning, I'd be no good as a spy but would do well in not comprehending any threats in an interrogation room a La Chiffre

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Booth
United Kingdom
Bicester
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No, the Australia board *is* the new board contained in the expansion, the same way that the expansion also contains new characters, new tokens, a new encounter book, etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Stables
Australia
Lawson
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Dan, I think I've got it now (sorry it was a Morecambe and Wise moment).

Cheers
Nick
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Booth
United Kingdom
Bicester
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ha - I've had plenty of those!

[I didn't know they'd made it down under ]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Stables
Australia
Lawson
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
drb1004 wrote:
Ha - I've had plenty of those!

[I didn't know they'd made it down under ]
No I'm from Yorkshire, migrated to Australia in '97, fond memories of Morecambe and Wise at xmas time growing up.

So my understanding is if I buy the recent base game, then kickstarter box, Lobo bust, Showdown and Swagmans Hope later on I won't have missed anything?

Cheers
Nick
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Booth
United Kingdom
Bicester
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
No I'm from Yorkshire, migrated to Australia in '97
That explains it then...

And, yes, if you buy all the items you list you'll have everything (make sure you get Swagman's Hope before you get Showdown, as you'll need the former to play the latter).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls