Star Wars: Rebellion» Forums » General

Subject: Two boards? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
The Rog
Norway
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They make a point several times that the game has two boards.

"Rebellion is played over two game boards that you place next to each other to form one play surface"

"Here, the two Rebellion game boards are shown side-by-side, forming your galaxy."

Why specifically mention this if it's just the game board?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PC ichigo
Thailand
Bangbuathong
Nonthaburi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
May be they want to imply the map is really huge?

...just my opinion laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bert McCloud
United Kingdom
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pcichigo wrote:

...just my opinion laugh

This possibly correct.
Some people will have an issue with really large boards and also with the fact that there are technically 2 boards.

I think they are just trying to make it clear right from an early stage that this is the situation so that there aren't a bunch of people down the line that complain about it. (of course people will still complain but at least this way we can say "you should have seen it coming")

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Bultitude
United Kingdom
Guildford
Surrey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe expansion options? I don't know my STARWARS lore well enough, but is it possible one of the boards can be replaced to represent a later part of the civil war, with more planets actively rebelling?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1603-1714
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
Now I can add text to my avatar? Sweet! How do I do it?
mbmbmbmbmb
pcichigo wrote:

...just my opinion laugh

I think this is it. The two game boards make one really large one. This is what the official announcement says about the two boards:

"Rebellion is played over two game boards that you place next to each other to form one play surface with thirty-two systems divided into eight regions. In your games, you will battle over these systems with capital ships, starfighters, troops, speeders, and walkers."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean L
United Kingdom
Coventry
West Midlands
flag msg tools
If it's larger than an FFG regular big board game board (Eldritch/Arkham/Talisman) it's going to out-size a lot of tables...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duncan Idaho
United States
NYC
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it might also be a QC note - there have been issues before with their bigger maps shipping warped (AGOT 2.0) or tearing after repeated use (AH). With a split to two boards, both of those issues should be easier to control (fewer joined folds = fewer tears; fewer join points = smaller chance for error).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence Burnett
Wales
Cardiff
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's no board......
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Champaign
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Deano2099 wrote:
If it's larger than an FFG regular big board game board (Eldritch/Arkham/Talisman) it's going to out-size a lot of tables...

Assuming the Imperial and Rebel cards are 2.5" x 3.5", it looks like the entire board is about 48" long by 10" or 12" wide.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kerrin 2
United States
Canandaigua
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
binaryeye wrote:
Deano2099 wrote:

Assuming the Imperial and Rebel cards are 2.5" x 3.5", it looks like the entire board is about 48" long by 10" or 12" wide.

Finally! Game companies need to make games with larger boards to more appropriately fit my seven foot by four foot table.

P.S. TI3 and Arkham Horror are the only games we have that appropriately fill our table.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Logan Godfrey
United States
Rigby
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I downloaded the png from the site and then copied and pasted the rebels card from the top left along the edges. The cards should be 2.5 by 3.5 because you need those size of sleeves from the company.

It was a little over 10 card widths by 14 card lengths making it 2' by 4'.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Tubb
United States
Fuquay Varina
NC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like it may be War of the Ring size? War of the Ring also used two large boards for it's map/board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Logan Godfrey
United States
Rigby
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like it. More rectangular than square though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Rog
Norway
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Could it also be for expansion purposes.
That in future expansions, you get a new board that you can put between these two.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Larouche
Canada
Longueuil
Quebec
flag msg tools
Melting souls with cuteness since 2007
badge
Lovin' N-16
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
"Rebellion is played over two game boards that you place next to each other to form one play surface"

Ever played FFG's Middle-Earth Quest?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Logan Godfrey
United States
Rigby
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So if we are using 2'x4' as our board size and he can split that in two we will have two 2'x2' and as far as I know we can have either 2,3,4, or 6 meaning that the box will be around 1'x1', 2'x8", 2'x6", or 1'x8".

I'm going to go with around 1'x1' by the look of the box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Byrd
United States
Gladwyne
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
binaryeye wrote:
Deano2099 wrote:

Since an FFG box is 12" x 12", that means two boards each with a single fold laid end to end.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken B.
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
deedob wrote:
Quote:

Ever played FFG's Middle-Earth Quest?

Definitely an overlooked game from their back catalog. The freedom to explore Tolkien's world sandbox style is unparalleled, on both sides of the coin. If Rebellion has the same level of quality, we're all in for a massive treat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.