Subject: Reflections in the water doubt. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrea Magini
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,
I'm not sure about the meaning of this card ability.
It says: "as long this spell is attached to this unit it is considerate to have no abilities other than inexhaustible abilities".

Does it mean, forin example, Rhino ally can attack without gain the exhaustion token?

Plus I don't get the proper illustration... she's young but in the reflexion she's older... should not it be the opposite?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Schreiner
United States
Middleboro
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mod_XXII wrote:
Hello,
It says: "as long this spell is attached to this unit it is considerate to have no abilities other than inexhaustible abilities".

Does it mean, forin example, Rhino ally can attack without gain the exhaustion token?

Plus I don't get the proper illustration... she's young but in the reflexion she's older... it should not be the opposite?
It means that the unit can't use abilities that aren't inexhaustible. For example the Silver Snakes' consume will still trigger since its an inexhaustible ability but a Living Dolls pain link wouldn't be able to trigger. The unit is still able to attack and block.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Stegman
United States
Minneapolis
MN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mod_XXII wrote:
Hello,

An Iron Rhino has no abilities so it would do nothing (Attack, Life and Recover are stats, not abilities).

Inexhaustible abilities are the ones in the Inexhaustible Ability box.

For example, if you attached Reflections to a Butterfly Monk:

It would lose its Unit Guard ability but not its inexhaustible Last Blessing ability.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yorick Heijink
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll give it a shot:

It means that all text in white on the card it is attached to is ingored/inactive. All text in a yellow box will still be active (these are inexhaustible).

All other values also still apply: attaack, life and recover. So the creature can still attack or counter, and will become exhasuted because of it.

About the artwork: I interpret it as the creature becoming old and losing abilities it had when it was young.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Magini
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ah ok, got it.
Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nushura
United States
Boston
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mod_XXII wrote:
[...]

Plus I don't get the proper illustration... she's young but in the reflexion she's older... should not it be the opposite?
That is the point. Se sees herself as old and frail. As a result she is distracted and can only do simple things (i.e., attack or defend), and forgets her special techniques (i.e., white text).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls