Dystopian:the manhunt: a worker placement game of investigation, murder and mystery, set in the futuristic megapolis of DYSTOPIA
I just finished the case and after A CERTAIN number of runs I solved it, with a decent score, may I add.
Though, even if I know I have seen most of what the scenario had to offer, I know I missed lots of things, so, exactly like I do with point and click video game adventures and video game RPGs, i try to gain and see everything.
So, what I'll do, is to try to see all the locations throughfully and gain everything.
I won't be under time pressure, so the time track won't be taken into account, but I'll just move around and try not to trigger the other failure effects.
The game will just turn into an exploration/adventure, but this will add more hours, and maximize the expense.
I already spent 6 hours on the game... I know I can pull off a couple more, more relaxed, from a simple exploration point of view.
Ideas? Anybody else tried this out or did everyone put it in the sell/trade pile after solving the case, without going any deeper?
BTW I am one of those who likes to re watch a good movie and re-play a good video game several times over...
I am thinking about doing speed run ... my daughter said I am crazy.
Would you do a "brute force" speed run, i.e. grab the girl you know is right from previous runs and just rescue her? Or will you require gaining all the right clues that would give you 100% confirmation on the correct identity of Marcy, and the info that gives 100% confirmation on the bunker code? Would you treat it as a future run and keep the parts of the plan/map that you've unlocked, or treat it as a first run with those not yet revealed?
It seems a speed run from a "First Run" would be difficult because you would have to:
Spoiler (click to reveal)
1. Start in the City Entrance and have to deal with the combat there
2. Have to go to the forest to get the photo and one of the tapes.
3. Go to the police station to get another tape, as well as the helicopter frequency, the key ring for the hotel roof, and the memo that omits 2 of the bunker codes (is that in the station?).
4. Go to the church to reveal the lab by giving Roger the photo
5. Go to the high school to reveal the bunker with the binoculars
6. Go to the lab to rescue the scientist, get the magazine with the safe code, and listen to both tapes that eliminates the hotel and bunker girls
7. Go to the bunker with the scientist, and choose the code you are now 100% sure will work, get the antidote, and call the helicopter
9. Go to the hotel to get the memo from the safe that eliminates police station girl, and then go to the roof and save the forest girl, Marcy
10. Deal with street cards when applicable
All that being said, you'd probably have to wait on picking up the real Marcy in the forest until after the antidote, or else she would surely die. I feel like there's no way to do this on a first run within the TU allotted.