Popular Tags: [View All]
Jerzy Szwarc
Poland
Wrocław
Dolnośląskie
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I could not find the answer in the forums, so:

If a False Demon attacks and a unit with Battle Advantage and attack 3 blocks and counters, does the False Demon inflict damage?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Schreiner
United States
Middleboro
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yooreck wrote:

If a False Demon attacks and a unit with Battle Advantage and attack 3 blocks and counters, does the False Demon inflict damage?
I believe the demon would be destroyed before it has the chance to deal damage back.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yorick Heijink
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think so. The False Demon would survive the initial attack and could attack in return if it wasn't for the illusion trait. The illusion trait will cause it to be destroyed before the next phase of battle can initiate.

There has been some debate about the order of things so others might chime in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julius Besser
United States
Memphis
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Guanciale wrote:
Yooreck wrote:

I believe the demon would be destroyed before it has the chance to deal damage back.
This is correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan Rutherford
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yea.. That pesky illusion trait..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerzy Szwarc
Poland
Wrocław
Dolnośląskie
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jayelbird wrote:
Guanciale wrote:
Yooreck wrote:

This is correct.
This is also my guess, but in the rules I cannot find any 100% confirmation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Keddie
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Yooreck wrote:
jayelbird wrote:
Guanciale wrote:
Yooreck wrote:

This is correct.
If it was a unit with 3HP or less attacking (instead of False Demon) would you resolve it differently? The outcome is the same - the attacker is destroyed before they got to make an attack of their own.

If a unit is killed by a unit with Battle Advantage, it doesn't get to do it's attack damage. If Battle Advantage didn't work this way it wouldn't do anything.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julius Besser
United States
Memphis
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CommissarFeesh wrote:
Yooreck wrote:
jayelbird wrote:
Guanciale wrote:
Yooreck wrote:

This is correct.
If it was a unit with 3HP or less attacking (instead of False Demon) would you resolve it differently? The outcome is the same - the attacker is destroyed before they got to make an attack of their own.

If a unit is killed by a unit with Battle Advantage, it doesn't get to do it's attack damage. If Battle Advantage didn't work this way it wouldn't do anything.
The difference, in theory, is that a unit with 3 life or less would be destroyed, which is an understood part of resolving the damage dealt by the Silver Snake.
With the False Demon's Illusion, the question is whether the Illusion ability resolves immediately after resolving the damage, or if Illusion will wait to resolve until after the False Demon has the chance to deal damage with its counter. The answer is that effects that trigger off of damage dealt are resolved when the damage is dealt and do not wait until later. (They are actually even resolved before putting the wound tokens on the False Demon.)

This will be further clarified in the upcoming FAQ.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerzy Szwarc
Poland
Wrocław
Dolnośląskie
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jayelbird wrote:
CommissarFeesh wrote:
Yooreck wrote:
jayelbird wrote:
Guanciale wrote:
Yooreck wrote:

This is correct.

The difference, in theory, is that a unit with 3 life or less would be destroyed, which is an understood part of resolving the damage dealt by the Silver Snake.
With the False Demon's Illusion, the question is whether the Illusion ability resolves immediately after resolving the damage, or if Illusion will wait to resolve until after the False Demon has the chance to deal damage with its counter. The answer is that effects that trigger off of damage dealt are resolved when the damage is dealt and do not wait until later. (They are actually even resolved before putting the wound tokens on the False Demon.)

This will be further clarified in the upcoming FAQ.
Thanks for the clarification - now it's clear.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls