Subject: Andira Runehand and Dire Flail rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gandalf the Greyjoy
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If a hero hits himself in the face with the Dire Flail, does her hero ability applies in such situation, thus the hero gets 2 dmg?

The question is also valid if she is the one with the fail... I mean flail

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dirk Meijer
Netherlands
The Hague
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Same thing came up with Dark Charm for us

Technically, Andira should hurt the hero the dealt the damage, but we ruled this to be nonsensical and Andira's ability to be optional in those cases.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
While getting technical, I would say that the damage from the flail's ability is not "an attack," and the ability would not trigger. It happens during an attack, but does not involve attacking and defending.

However, you definitely should have done damage in the dark charm case. Ignoring the fact that the dark charmed hero is treated like a monster for that action, the ability does not target "monsters,", it affects any "figure" that attacks a hero, including another hero (or even Andira herself, if she attacked another hero.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gandalf the Greyjoy
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
zaltyre wrote:
While getting technical, I would say that the damage from the flail's ability is not "an attack," and the ability would not trigger. It happens during an attack, but does not involve attacking and defending.
I agree that this ability is not "an attack". Nevertheless you lose health "as a result" of an attack. Literally speaking this should trigger the hero ability, shouldn't it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think so- in fact, I've previously confirmed with FFG that "surge:wither" (make the target suffer a fatigue) doesn't trigger the ability even if the target is exhausted (that is, if the target suffers the fatigue as damage.)

I'm pretty sure "suffers wound from an attack" means "was targeted and/or affected by an attack, dealt a wound, and suffered it as a wound."

On the list of things that I think would not trigger her ability:
-Incendiary arrows
-Reflective Ward
-Throw
-Uncontrolled power "surge, suffer a wound" (though that one could be argued and I'm going to submit a question about it.)

EDIT: Submitted:

A mage near Andira performs an attack and gets hit with "uncontrolled power" and spends a surge on "suffer a wound and a fatigue." Does Andira's ability trigger and cause the attacker (the mage) to suffer an additional wound?

EDIT AGAIN: Response received:

No, Andira’s hero ability uses “from an attack” to refer specifically to damage taken as a whole from an attack during the “Deal Damage” step of the attack process.

Cheers,
Kara Centell-Dunk
Game Developer
Fantasy Flight Games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls