Matthew Watson
Scotland
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Trade Routes Agreement states that "Civilization A can use 1 resource as 1 food during its turn" (and vice versa).

Is this limited to a maximum of 1 unit during the entire turn, or can you do it as many times as you like during the turn?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Fox
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
Question everything
mbmbmbmbmb
Once per turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Watson
Scotland
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, that's what I expected (would be pretty broken otherwise!). Had to check though, I just know someone will ask this during the first game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Fox
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
Question everything
mbmbmbmbmb
HisDivineShadow wrote:
Thanks, that's what I expected (would be pretty broken otherwise!). Had to check though, I just know someone will ask this during the first game.
A related question to this though, after some discussion the group I play with agreed that this ability can be used when paying consumption during the production phase. I'm not 100% convinced this is correct, but I do think that it equalizes the value of both sides of the treaty.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Watson
Scotland
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess the production phase is still part of the player's turn, and therefore it should also apply (as you ruled).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricardo Donoso
Brazil
RIBEIRÃO PRETO
Sao Paulo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think that the FAQ says otherwise. You can not use it to pay during consumption or production.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls