Michael Brown
United States
University
Mississippi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've had three plays in a row now actually end in us giving up and not finishing because we've hit the two hour mark with 4-5 players and interest tanked.

I really loved this expansion when it came out but I'm starting to think it's just too dang long now and folks aren't enjoying their time with it at all these days.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Hall
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
LIFEFORM - LIVE NOW ON KICKSTARTER!!!
badge
LIFEFORM - LIVE NOW ON KICKSTARTER!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
It is definitely long. I usually play it with my five year old in multiple sittings, leaving it set up between sessions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan DeLano
United States
West Valley City
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree that the multiplayer for this is too long for what it is. The Crisis rules only serve to exacerbate that issue. However, with the solo rules in the files section (shameless plug), I can get in at least a couple of games an hour. That's the only way I think I'll ever play this game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Commander Crud
msg tools
mbmbmb
Want a shorter game? Just use less villains.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Goertz
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
NA NA NA NA . . .
mbmbmbmbmb
It really depends on the style of your playgroup. Some groups take a lot of time planning out how each person is going to build their deck, others go with the flow and plan for what may come in general.

With my group the games are usually under 2 hours for Crisis Mode as we know what we need in our decks to beat the Crises and we let people buy whatever they want (but players can "request" something be left for them). We also work hard to help eachother slim our decks early so you get to the cards you need quicker.

I will say Crisis 2 is more large group friendly as you are only destroying X Heroes or what-not compared to everyone destroying that card type in Crisis 1. If you like the Crisis experience but want the game to go shorter, grab Crisis 2.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Hyra
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Yes, play with 3 fewer Crisis/Super-Villains and a 100 card main deck to cut the game down to 1.5 hours.

Crisis 2 plays faster than 1.
Crisis 3 will play even faster than Crisis 2.

Thanks,
Matt Hyra
Cryptozoic R&D
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Evans
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
While Crisis is definitely longer I don't think of it as too long.

My wife and I have been playing since the first set and we tend to play two games in a row on average. Crisis is about as long as two games of non-Crisis, so for us it's just perfect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Shockley
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mb
Most of our Crisis sessions take 2-3 hours, it all depends on how many slow players we have.

I'm not naming names, but we have a couple off folks that just take for friggin EVER to finish their turns.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Drebing
United States
Sandy
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Matt Hyra wrote:
Yes, play with 3 fewer Crisis/Super-Villains and a 100 card main deck to cut the game down to 1.5 hours.

Crisis 2 plays faster than 1.
Crisis 3 will play even faster than Crisis 2.

Thanks,
Matt Hyra
Cryptozoic R&D

Does this mean Cryptozoic is coming out with a Crisis 3 expansion? Yipeeeeeeee! When?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.