Pandemic Legacy: Season 1» Forums » General

Subject: Plain Pandemic game after the end of the full game? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marky Toy IKA
Greece
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good afternoon everybody. I'm about to open the game today for the first time so pardon me if this question sounds dumb.
Due to the legacy character of the game making it practically non replayable I was wondering if at the very end of the campaign the remaining components are sufficient to maintain a version of the simple game. In other words if I exclude the legacy components do I have a version of the single game? The purpose would be for instance to give it to a friend so that he has a standalone version of Pandemic himself.
Except of course that is if the final situation of the board/cards etc. affects the next season of the game.

Thanks in advance for your time.
Mark

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Chaz
United States
Arkansas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
https://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/20532401#20532401
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marky Toy IKA
Greece
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! So the answer is yes from what I read. Of course whether you will be able to play with the original pandemic rules (ignoring the "as of December" rules) will be sorted out when I actually open the game and see how the extra rules work

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TJ
United States
Burbank
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're willing to ignore every sticker on the board and cards, then theoretically you could play regular Pandemic with the board with the components provided
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Itai Perez
France
Paris
Ile-de-France
flag msg tools
designer
Soon in retail !
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Slyght wrote:
If you're willing to ignore every sticker on the board and cards, then theoretically you could play regular Pandemic with the board with the components provided

Provided you didn't rip any needed card, I guess...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart Rachemoss
United States
Silver City
New Mexico
flag msg tools
Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.
mbmbmbmbmb
In another thread I asked if the stickers on the final Legacy gameboard could be covered up in order to play regular Pandemic on it. One person said this was not necessary:
Quote:
Truthfully, playing regular Pandemic with the PL board is easy enough by simply ignoring the stickers. Same thing would apply to the stickered cards, the only thing I see as much of a difference would be if you still payed attention to the character upgrades or scars.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Alfredsson
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Or ripped a character apart because they're lost.
My wife is so enamored with her medic that I've agreed to not ripped them apart but instead try to make a sticker that sort of stampa M.I.A on them. Her responce to that was a thank you and if her medic was MIA, shed just find him and continue playing with him the next month.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marky Toy IKA
Greece
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks a lot for all your answers.
Fingers crossed a friend is going to end up with a fully playable standalone Pandemic copy when I'm finished with the Legacy mode

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Srdj
Croatia
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb

Stickers are easily removed from the game board after you are done. Youd just need to cross out the 3 extra city connections that are not on the original board and I think add one that is missing, just draw a line? And that's it. Although, who knows, maybe "Season 2" of PL, is gonna continue on from the board that you create, with all the stickers and all...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
mbmbmbmbmb
The Chaz wrote:

Wow, way to post a link to a thread with campaign end spoilers from a thread with no spoilers. Please be more careful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Giant
United States
Sitka
AK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just turned my game into a vanilla Pandemic to give to friend, it's not terribly difficult. Only real damage was cutting half the player cards off so they wouldn't have scars/upgrades. You could even cut this part off to mark base game characters who have died.

Here's a small bit of advice: If you have to destroy a base game part, set it aside. 100% of the other cards can/should still be destroyed as directed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Ogden
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It shouldn't be too hard to de-sticker the board. (It'd be playable even with the stickers.)

Don't tear up the roles or any cards from the infection or city/player card decks.

It's highly unlikely you won't end up with stickers on some of the cards. This doesn't prevent the game from being playable as regular Pandemic by ignoring the stickers, but a better solution would be to use sleeves and sticker the sleeves.

There will be some cards that are in Pandemic, but not Pandemic Legacy. The blanks found in Pandemic expansions should allow you to add (most? all?) of what's missing.

Other than having a few connections that are different, you will pretty much have a playable version of Pandemic when finished.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.