Popular Tags: [View All]
Benjamin Maggi
United States
Loudonville
NY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I mostly collect Rebel ships, because that is the faction I really like. When I play against my friends who own Imperial ships there isn't a problem because they supply their ships. If I were to play Imperial against them, I could borrow their ships.

However, I want to introduce the game to some friends and I only have the original core starter set with two Tie Fighters. We will likely play the basic scenarios at first but eventually I may want to add another 2 ships so that the Imperial player can build a 100 point squad. Considering all of the waves out now, what two ships should I buy that would give the most diversity and interesting experience for the Imperial player?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hugo Ramos
Portugal
flag msg tools
Firespray and imperial aces, maybe.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Cook
United States
Denton
Texas
flag msg tools
*beep*
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Firespray would be good for sure. I think the TIE Punisher would be pretty solid as well, although it is a little more advanced and not very iconic Star Wars.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy R
United States
Germantown
Ohio
flag msg tools
Nothing but the rain.
badge
Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends dimensions of time and space.
mbmbmbmbmb
Like Hugo said, the Firespray should probably be one of your purchases. If they are new people playing the front and back arc on a large base will be a little more forgiving than just a forward firing arc on a small base; plus it allows people to play Boba Fett, one of the more recognizable characters in the movies.

As for the other ship, you could make arguments for a few different ones; however, again I would probably steer towards a ship seen in the movies to allow for the extra immersion (unless they know all about the EU). The aces pack would be a good choice, the cards and ships are solid, but personally I would go with the Advanced because it gives you Vader which anyone who knows anything about Star Wars would recognize and be drawn to.

Going with the Firespray and Advanced might not get you the largest build diversity possibly, but I think it offers the most intriguing options to new players because it provides them with easily recognizable ships and characters.

Also, GO COLTS!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Linnell
United States
Bedford
NH
flag msg tools
I really need a new badge, avatar, and overtext. GM me with any ideas....
badge
This is the seahorse valley
mb
Splurge for the TIE Interceptor (or Aces pack) as well. An extremely fun to fly and versatile ship, recognizable, and with great pilots.

If you use TIE Advanced, then proxy out some of the title cards and upgrades from the Imperial Raider to give them better choices.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Maggi
United States
Loudonville
NY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe I will go with an Advanced and the Aces pack. I don't plan to order for a week or so which will give me time to digest. I think I would prefer that to the larger ship Firespray.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy R
United States
Germantown
Ohio
flag msg tools
Nothing but the rain.
badge
Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends dimensions of time and space.
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with Richard, if you go with the Advanced first, the Aces pack should be your next pick. If Vader wasn't in the Advanced it would lose out to the Aces pack easily.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Markham
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For Imperials: Decimator > Firespray

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.