Subject: Couple of rules questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kirk Bauer
United States
Smyrna
Georgia
flag msg tools
Colored baggies for your games, www.boardgamestorage.com.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I played for the first time last night and had a couple of questions. Unfortunately I don't own the game so sorry that I have to be vague on some of the specifics.

1) Can a routed unit move during the Advance action? If so can it move onto an enemy-occupied zone or only friendly zones?

2) For the Chaos special ability (move a Cultist to an empty planet on an adjacent sector) can this happen across a Warp Storm?

3) There is a Chaos upgraded combat card that lets you convert a Cultist to a Chaos Space Marine unit. Can this be done to a reinforcements token or only an actual Cultist miniature? If it can be done to a reinforcement does it remain there when the combat is done?

4) When a card says to count morale (symbol with a box around it) then I assume that only means dice showing morale, as opposed to the morale count at the end of the battle that includes dice, cards, and units?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Kaemmer
United States
Iowa City
Iowa
flag msg tools
It says "Scythe"
badge
Something Clever!
Microbadge: Twilight Imperium fanMicrobadge: Scythe fanMicrobadge: Forbidden Stars fanMicrobadge: Gloomhaven fanMicrobadge: Twilight Imperium fan
1. Routed units may never move except when retreating from combat.
2. Yes it can
3. Sure can do it to the token! Says so right in the rules on the back page! It is permanent too.
4. Correct. If it has a square around it (and it always does) it means dice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Bauer
United States
Smyrna
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome, thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mauricio Vives
United States
Smyrna
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
iswearihaveajob wrote:

3. Sure can do it to the token! Says so right in the rules on the back page! It is permanent too.
Well, that is a heckuva thing:

"Mark of Tzeentch: This card can replace a reinforcement token with a Chaos Space Marine."

That seems pretty powerful: temporary reinforcement token turns in a permanent CSM.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Sham
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
That's exactly what a Cylon would say!
badge
All is dust...
mbmbmbmbmb
MVives wrote:
Well, that is a heckuva thing:

"Mark of Tzeentch: This card can replace a reinforcement token with a Chaos Space Marine."

That seems pretty powerful: temporary reinforcement token turns in a permanent CSM.
They can also get free (no upgrade needed) Cultists in the current battle, or on an Uncontrolled Planet in the system. So really, free stuff is their thang.

In other news, rule 1 of fighting Chaos is to have equal/more Morale dice than them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls