a03 dunn
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been thinking about launching into the expansion packs for Descent 2.0, which I own. However I've been reading that the campaign for Imperial Assault is hands-down better than Descent 2.0, due to:
-Hidden Information / Events during missions
-Better side mission selection
-Story arc side missions for hero characters

Since the release of Imperial Assault, we've seen Shadow of Nerekhall and Manor of Ravens released for Descent 2.0. Does anyone know if the campaigns in these boxes added the campaign features from Imperial Assault?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No. They were released a good time before Imperial Assault, so you don't really see any campaign changes. Their campaigns in general are good, better than previous ones, but don't have any of the advantages you mentioned.

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nerekhall has a modicum of hidden information in the form of influence effects, but none of the expansions have it to the degree of IA. I very much enjoy Descent's more recent expansions. I feel they keep getting better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ruben Garcia
msg tools
Descent 2.0? What is this I just got into Descent can someone fill me in?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
roobs wrote:
Descent 2.0? What is this I just got into Descent can someone fill me in?
2.0 just refers to the second edition, released in 2012, as opposed to the first edition, released years before that. They're two separate and very different games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Destrio Dai
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hidden information in the campaign sounds fun but depending on how the group plays, you might prefer full information instead because one side will have to deal with the consequences of being surprised tactically.

Story arc side missions are randomly seeded into the mission deck and may never be drawn so this isn't a clear advantage either.

The games are just similar but different enough to make it difficult for you to choose between them zombie

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls