Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
VETRHUS of Rogaland
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
An ash I know, Yggdrasil its name. With water white is the great tree wet; thence come the dews that fall in the dales. Green by Urth's well does it ever grow.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello, when we played for the first time last night I started the game as the last player in turn order. But I triggered the game end condition.

I was then told that by rule this was my last turn when it got back to me after my opponents each had one more turn.

I could have renovated a space for eight points, which was what I was counting on with my next "last move."

Am I really to lose out on an equal number of turns as my opponents? What incentive is there for anyone but first player to end it then?

-- Feeling screwed in Brewtown...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chenier La Salle
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Very good question and sorry the game didn't go your way...
Deciding whether to trigger the end of the game is an important and strategic decision.
I’ve seen games where players try to delay the end of the game while others want it to arrive sooner. All based on how complete their respective 'grand plans' were at that time
How did you trigger the end of the game? By taking a lot card or by building?
Could you have avoided the triggering of the end of game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
VETRHUS of Rogaland
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
An ash I know, Yggdrasil its name. With water white is the great tree wet; thence come the dews that fall in the dales. Green by Urth's well does it ever grow.
mbmbmbmbmb
I took a card. Yes, I could have.

So was I to play on ad let them trigger it for me? What if they can't actually play but I can? Or is that even possible?

And can they take a card even if they can't use it? I.e, as we found there were three unusable cards at game end.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Heidenreich
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
MilwaukeeTEG
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
diehard4life wrote:

So was I to play on ad let them trigger it for me? What if they can't actually play but I can? Or is that even possible?

And can they take a card even if they can't use it? I.e, as we found there were three unusable cards at game end.

The unusable cards should have been taken out. I missed that rule trying to learn and teach the game to you noisy MF's.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Przemyslaw Kozlowski
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
diehard4life wrote:

Did you use the starter buildings and forget to take out the matching cards?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Heidenreich
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
MilwaukeeTEG
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
azmod2000 wrote:
diehard4life wrote:

Did you use the starter buildings and forget to take out the matching cards?

That is the rule I missed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
VETRHUS of Rogaland
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would STILL have been last, even with the 8 points I had hoped to score... AND Gary DID state that rule aloud but I was daydreaming about Norse pillaging and drinking horns filled with meade I think.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.